You get what you pay for (Manix Maxamet)

Letoff

Gold Member
I bought this knife in late summer, made it my everyday carry. I've used it at work, used it on the farm, used it hunting and I have yet to dull this thing. The Manix is one of my favs so I pulled the trigger and got the maxamet and I can tell you it sure holds an edge.

2byNr6t.jpg

I bought this knife in late summer, made it my everyday carry. I've used it at work, used it on the farm, used it hunting and I have yet to dull this thing. The Manix is one of my favs so I pulled the trigger and got the maxamet and I can tell you it sure holds an edge.

2byNr6t.jpg
I’ll have to get a Manix to try out one day but damn it’s ugly

The Lightweight models are actually pretty elegant as far as designs go. I have always enjoyed the radial symmetry of the design as those grippy blocks explode out from the center. Never had a lightweight Spyderco fail me yet and I've had quite a few.

I’ll have to get a Manix to try out one day but damn it’s ugly
The Manix is a great looking knife and the XL even more so - to me anyway. Great ergos and lock too. Only thing I would like is a nicer looking pivot bolt, like a demko, maybe with the spyder logo. A small torx screw is boring.

I think the Manix looks kinda cool, like a fighting knife or something. And I like boring, please no decorative pivots! Spyderco is one of the few that has not gone this route and I am here for it. I have also never dropped a bidirectional textured Spyderco yet, the same can't be said for other brands of knives with less ergonomic and less textured handles.

Back