You only know you lover her when you let her go

You only know you love her when you let her go . These song lyrics got me thinking . Have you every had that knife that you really thought nothing much about . So you gave it away or sold it or lost it and Instantly regretted it ?
What was the knife or knives . Did you get it back or replace it with the same model .or did you get your self a younger newer model to ease your broken heart .?

PS I haven't I am far to possessive and clingy with all my knives ;):) .

Last edited:
A few years ago, I sold my beloved Benchmade 710 to a buddy who had been eyeballin’ it. immediately after, I regretted the sale. He eventually found something he liked better asked if I wanted to trade back for the 710. I jumped at the second chance to be reunited with it. It’s never left the stable since, and is still one of my favorites.

No........ If I gift a knife, I have. I really enjoy the giving and how happy the receiver is in getting and using.
The best is giving a knife to someone that could never afford to buy one.
I did give a Buck Vantage away because I just hated the handle style.
The guy loves it.

I dearly miss my Spyderco Gayle Bradley 1—the unique blade shape and thick liner lock are some of the things that I enjoyed the most about it.

The GB1 caused my passion for knives to flourish and shortly thereafter I discovered Chris Reeve, my current favourite manufacturer.

Not a knife but my High Standard 22. I had it from my childhood and traded it for a 357 Ruger. I've regretted it since. I regret the good deals I didnt jump on and the knife TSA got from me.

I'm not big on regret, but I have bought and sold the ZT 0350 three times. :D

First a tiger-striped model, which was too heavy for my tastes and the time. My tastes changed and I missed it, so I bought another one. Then that one kept getting bumped out of my pocket in favor of other heavy ~3.5" knives, so I sold it.

After a little while I missed that one too, so I bought a third. This time I went with the BlackWash version, and I think I might finally be done renting these. :oops:

d4kiuLY.jpg

When I was a kid , I went to a carnival with a few of my friends.
There was a booth with claw machines full of pocket knives, I won 5 or 6 Ideal and Colonial pocket knives.
I lost every one and think about those knives all the time.

Had and sold a Spyderco Autonomy 2. I bought another one a few months ago. The thing is I can’t legally carry an auto outside my house, but there is just something about that knife that I love. So I carry it at home.

Yes - almost every knife I sold;). The only exception is a Spyderco K2 that I returned to the dealer immediately because it needed two hands to disengage the lock (sorry K2 lovers).

I regret not giving the Spyderco Southard a chance. I sold it too quickly.

I sometimes regret selling my large bocote Sebenza 21, but I just hated those thumbstuds. It was the last thumbstud knife I bought.

I sold my Strider SnG to pay bills, and though I really liked it, I refuse to buy another.

Yeah, I let go of a A.G.Russell Acies in ZDP-189. Should have never sold it.

I have never regretted gifting a knife to a friend or a veteran.

But I do regret selling all my mammoth CRK knives, and a Reese Bose Wharncliffe trapper.....

Back