You want what?

Really? You want me to do what?
Anyone else get this sort of request?

Received via Facebook....

David Gibson Jr.
Jan 17th, 12:02am

Hello my name is David Gibson and I'm the host of GUNS, GEAR & GOODIES.
I'm contacting you to see if there is any possibility of having some of your products sent to me for review on my channel.
Here is the link to YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/19GunGuy82

Where I do Unboxing's & Reviews of items sent to me by companies just like yours.
Giving you a free source of advertising.
Thank you for your time and support.
David G
19gunguy82@gmail.com

My Reply:

PJM Knives
Jan 17th, 10:40am

David,

I'm sorry, but I must be reading your offer incorrectly. Do you want me to send you "some of my products" so that you can film yourself opening the shipping box, then posting that video on Youtube giving me a "free source of advertising"?

And, you want me to do this at no cost to you?

No.

All the best,

Peter

Yes these guys do this all the time. Seriously though these guys with a lot of followers will drum up business if it is a favorable review. Sign of the times. Instagram is another outlet for these guys that promote others. Some of these guys opinions are very highly regarded by many ,, many followers .

I get offers to "review" my knives from several sources. One that I get regularly is a fellow who publishes, "The largest online knife magazine in China". He wants me to send him two or three knives to review along with pictures of me making knives and bio information...... and he will run an article on me in his magazine. I guess he figures I won't see the word "online".

Another "magazine writer" in Europe has even offered to have the knives picked up by courier so there will be, "No cost to me".

I would also like people to send me free handmade knives. I'm not good at writing, photographing or making videos and will not do any of these things. Therefore, for a small investment on your part (blood, sweat, tears and shipping), I can guarantee you will not receive a disparaging review of your product in the physical or digital world (from me).
All those interested please PM or email me through the forum and I will provide a shipping address. I prefer overnight shipping because it won't cost me anything!

Thanks,
MJ

I would also like people to send me free handmade knives. I'm not good at writing, photographing or making videos and will not do any of these things. Therefore, for a small investment on your part (blood, sweat, tears and shipping), I can guarantee you will not receive a disparaging review of your product in the physical or digital world (from me).
All those interested please PM or email me through the forum and I will provide a shipping address. I prefer overnight shipping because it won't cost me anything!

Thanks,
MJ

Bwahaha.... Me too, Me too

LMAO... Did you happen to look at his channel? Most of his video views are sub 100... I'm sure he could really rake in the customers Peter.

I had a similar request awhile back for a "bad ass carbon fiber damasc fighter" I told him sure thing. When he replied with a, "Really? Awesome!" I wrote back and told him all that I wanted in return was for him to send me a package with 15 $100 bills inside, and I would return the favor by uploading a video of me unboxing the money and counting it. ;) :D

LMAO... Did you happen to look at his channel? Most of his video views are sub 100... I'm sure he could really rake in the customers Peter.

I had a similar request awhile back for a "bad ass carbon fiber damasc fighter" I told him sure thing. When he replied with a, "Really? Awesome!" I wrote back and told him all that I wanted in return was for him to send me a package with 15 $100 bills inside, and I would return the favor by uploading a video of me unboxing the money and counting it. ;) :D

LMFAO!!!! That's priceless....
Pretty much the same type of thing Yangdu or I say when we get these stupid requests. "We're more than happy for you to review our knives after your purchase, Thank you for your interest". Funny how they never respond back after that....

Yeah... I'm pretty sure you'd be much better off contacting a magazine or website you trust, or just doing a passaround here. I've only done a couple P/As but they generated a worthwhile number or orders. I never got the knives back though - so far someone has always kept them and sent me money instead. I'm OK with that :)

Hey, I actually need a service like this. OK, I know what you're all thinking, but it's a pain in the a$$ tying to find a legitimate business that does unboxing videos. Surely someone actually does this type of work.

Jeeze, my feelings are hurt. Nobody has asked me for a free knife to review. I must be doing something wrong!!!

Tim

Back