You will like the new Fire Kits

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
The new ones come with the compass and also have survival tips engraved on the outside of the capsule. They look really nice. And made by Rowen Manufacturing!

Nice! The new features should be very useful. I lost my fire kit, will have to pick up another. Hopefully it's just lost somewhere at my parents' place.

Also, this thread is useless without pics!!! :D

MAN!!! way to make me spend more of my money! But I dont mind feeding the rat disease inside of me. Question about the compass? What type and manufacture is it. I was going thru and trying to find the best one to epoxy into the 2 firekits I have now, decided on the BCB oil filled. Thought it would be the best one available. Just curious what the new kit will have? Also price and when?

Sounds time to finally pick one up, can't wait for them!

Sounds good, pics would be nice when you get them.

Are the current fire kits made by Rowen?

I see that the misch metal is replaceable; where does one get replacements?

With my tiring ol' eyes, it sounds like my fresnal lens might finally get some use if I need to read the engraving. ;)

Text is pretty small but it's just way cool! Anodizing is MUCH better on these. Shon also made the o-ring seal better. Now it seals like a Maglite end cap. Overall quality is way better. Taiwan compass, but you can take the compass out and replace it with whatever 20mm compass you want. They are not glued in but they are pretty tight so you will probably have to destroy the compass to remove it. Price has gone up slightly to the distributors but not that much. Will have replacement rods for these available soon.

No photos yet. Shon is running the engraving on them this week and he will be able to post up a quick photo when finished. Be warned though...you're really gonna like what you see!

I would be interested in how the engraving will look, if its going to be colored different so it stands out more/wont be hard to read...

I already want one, and now it is being upgraded? Couldn't be better :thumbup:

I was thinking about ordering a fire kit from RAT, I think I will wait to see what the new one offers! I cant wait!

Well, naturally the color of the engraving will be different than the color of the capsule.

Back