Off Topic Your all invited to Australia 🦘🇦🇺

Looks like your bringing all the right gear mate. 80-90% of my hunting is done with a 22. Crocodiles are about a 14 hour drive north but I'd gladly make that trip to help a mate get the vest he wants 👍🏻👍🏻
I don‘t doubt that you would. That would be a real adventure for this hillbilly. Heck I might even make it out alive! lol 😉
As I sat around ruminating on this last night I decided I might switch out my battery for a .222 Remington.
That’s a great choice and was my late Granddad’s favorite caliber.

SAK Hiker, Muela 22" bowie (for croc dundee points when I leap onto the croc and stab him in the swede so we can all get souvenier vests and such ) and Ill leave the guns to the Yanks as they've brought enough for everyone. Oh and a couple cases of beer, I hear its quite hot in the west island

Well nothing like late to the party Paul ;) :D If this ever could come to fruition it would be a fantastic adventure and one helluva a party, even though those party days have for the most part sailed☺️ Now I'll have to pop back in with "items to carry/bring" Wow wouldn't it be really cool if something like this could come to be.

Well nothing like late to the party Paul ;) :D If this ever could come to fruition it would be a fantastic adventure and one helluva a party, even though those party days have for the most part sailed☺️ Now I'll have to pop back in with "items to carry/bring" Wow wouldn't it be really cool if something like this could come to be.
It really would be a great adventure, and I live here 🤣. Can't wait to see what your bringing mate

OK.. Here goes..
First thing I would bring is something for Dans son.. Little guys are the greatest..
Then something for Mrs. Dan.. I can and will do anything BUT cook.. Unless yinz want canned soup!!
Gun.. 16ga Ithaca shot-gun.. I am right handed but shoot long guns lefty.. Everything else righty!!
Multitool.. Well I consider a SAK one so maybe my Fieldmaster..
Fixed knife.. ESEE of course.. No. 4 would be my choice..
Ever since I was 11-12 there were 2 places on my bucket list to visit.. Alaska and Australia.. Probably will never visit either but its good to keep them on there..
Oh Yeah.. I NEED to sample some of the almond hooch that Dan makes!!!
Think that just about covers it..
Thanks Dan!!!
John

OK.. Here goes..
First thing I would bring is something for Dans son.. Little guys are the greatest..
Then something for Mrs. Dan.. I can and will do anything BUT cook.. Unless yinz want canned soup!!
Gun.. 16ga Ithaca shot-gun.. I am right handed but shoot long guns lefty.. Everything else righty!!
Multitool.. Well I consider a SAK one so maybe my Fieldmaster..
Fixed knife.. ESEE of course.. No. 4 would be my choice..
Ever since I was 11-12 there were 2 places on my bucket list to visit.. Alaska and Australia.. Probably will never visit either but its good to keep them on there..
Oh Yeah.. I NEED to sample some of the almond hooch that Dan makes!!!
Think that just about covers it..
Thanks Dan!!!
John
No worries mate all you have to do is buy your plane tickets and we will look after every thing else. Small polite correction from Mrs Dan. She makes the almond hooch 😂🤣 and its actually made from walnuts 👍🏻👍🏻🦘🇦🇺
Ha ha I will forever call it almond hooch from now.
Dan.

No worries mate all you have to do is buy your plane tickets and we will look after every thing else. Small polite correction from Mrs Dan. She makes the almond hooch 😂🤣 and its actually made from walnuts 👍🏻👍🏻🦘🇦🇺
Ha ha I will forever call it almond hooch from now.
Dan.
Thanks Dan!! See what happens when ya hit the mid 60s..;)
What were we talking about??😂
Where am I??? 🤔
John

Last edited:
After reading this topic, I've realized that the only way I'm going to Australia is by force or coercion. You would have to either blackmail me somehow or physically overpower me and drag me kicking and screaming the whole way.

If I managed to survive I'd probably have PTSD. I'd wake up every night in a cold sweat screaming something about vegemite.

After reading this topic, I've realized that the only way I'm going to Australia is by force or coercion. You would have to either blackmail me somehow or physically overpower me and drag me kicking and screaming the whole way.

If I managed to survive I'd probably have PTSD. I'd wake up every night in a cold sweat screaming something about vegemite.
Ok I have a mate who is always up for a blue, I'll get him to come and get ya. 🤣😂

The only question is
What would I bring ...maybe some bobcat jerky?
That would be new and interesting

Trying to think of something uniquely american or north American that wouldn't spoil
Have you cooked bobcat?

Of what I have,

Leatherman original
Case 75 stockman
Buck 192
Marlin 60 22 rifle.
SAK tinker

But since guns probably won’t be allowed, I’ll ditch that and grab an ontario sp10 Bowie. If Bowies aren’t acceptable either, an Ontario 12” machete. Either of which I’ll have to procure. And I’ll add a cold steel thrower, also to be procured.

And I’ll have to bring a supply of horehound candy and some maple syrup.

And we do have a substitute for marmite here... possum squirt. Looks and smells the same and has the same consistency too. Harder to collect.

Last edited:
Over the years I've read some funny things of what you fellas think Australia is like .
Here is a bit of a "what would ya bring" scenario for you. Don't worry about our local laws it's just a bit of fun. @mitch13 your welcome to my side of the dividing range too.
So your all invited for a week long bush bash at my joint everything supplied except I want you to bring a multi-tool/sak, of course, a second blade and a firearm for what you think you will encounter here . Post a list of what you would bring. Photos are always good to look at and it's ok to be funny, we have thick skin out here.

I have a few predictions
@Ace Rimmer will bring an Aussie lingo book to interpret for youse all. Rsmith_77 Rsmith_77 will think drop bears are his main threat and @315 will bring a flame thrower for spiders 😂🤣.

And in all seriousness if anyone ever actually wants somewhere to stay we don't have much but we are happy to share what we got and there's always a spare swag for ya here.

Dan 🦘🇦🇺
thanks Dan! I'm mostly curious about how fast it gets dark there in the summertime once the sun ''sets''

in the north it takes a while for it to actually get dark in the summertime after the sun ''goes over the horizon''

but that's pretty cool of you to offer your home up.

I'll be there tuesday.

have beer

thanks Dan! I'm mostly curious about how fast it gets dark there in the summertime once the sun ''sets''

in the north it takes a while for it to actually get dark in the summertime after the sun ''goes over the horizon''

but that's pretty cool of you to offer your home up.

I'll be there tuesday.

have beer
No worries mate, beer and almond hooch and vegemite sangas.

Lately the sun sets about 8pm you can shoot open sights till about 830pm about the same in the morning. Half an hour before sun up you can generally see. It's 630am right now and the sun is peeking over the horizon.

Dan

Back