Your All Time Favorite Movie?

Tresure Of The Sierra Madre.

It's fun watching old Walter Houston steal the movie from Bogart and Holt.

"Badges? We don't need no steenkin badges!"

The Third Man with Orson Welles or Casablanca. I can't decide which I liked more.

Being a movie nut its hard to pick....The two I have probably watched the most are Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and Ferris Buellers Day Off. Princess Bride might have taken top spot but since It's already been mentioned I'd vote for one of those 2.

"The Blues Brothers"

Same here. The music, the comedy, the catchphrases, the sound the tires make on Lower Wacker Drive...I love it all. Many don't realize it, but this movie features 2 of the most important musicians in Soul/R&B history: Steve Cropper and Donald "Duck "Dunn" (RIP). Besides being part of the Blues Brothers and the original SNL band, they comprised half of Booker T and the MGs (the first successful racially integrated band) with the MGs being the "house" band for STAX Records. That means when you listen to music by Sam and Dave, Wilson Picket, Eddie Floyd, Albert King, Otis Redding, and even sometimes Aretha Franklin and Al Green (even though he was on a different label), chances are Steve and Duck are playing guitar and bass. "Sittin On the Dock of the Bay" was co-written by Cropper. And of course, the groove on all those songs was provided by Dunn's bass. Not bad for a couple of honkies.

The Third Man with Orson Welles or Casablanca. I can't decide which I liked more.

Oh, Casablanca hands down. Ingrid Bergman was an exquisite beauty in her day, and the sly acting of Claude Rains steals the show as Louis Renault, the corrupt but likable police prefect who can arrange anything for the right price. Especially if it's a good looking lady. And the piano playing of Dooley Wilson sets a tone for the whole backdrop.

Gotta run now, the plane to Lisbon is leaving. :D

There are only 2 movies that I watch every year: Godfather 1 and 2. They are the best movies ever made in my opinion.

Tough to argue with your picks - Throw in Raging Bull to round out the method acting tutorial.

Clockwork Orange
Sorry for the correction - Burgess wrote the book - Kubrick did the movie - Both classics

I grew up with the Star Wars movies and really liked the Lord of the Rings movies, but two of the movies I can just watch over and over, are Raiders of the Lost Ark and Blade Runner. I'm not even a big Harrison Ford fan, it's just that both of these movies are a lot of fun. I grew up on both also. As for which version of Blade Runner, any of them are good, but I like the directors cut and the final cut the best.

Gentlemen you have selected all my favourites so far.
However if I may make so bold I will select a scene -one scene only to bring back that stands head sholuders and fur bikinis above all others.
The fight scene between Raquel Welch and Martine Beswick in 1000000 Years BC.

Top 20: Not necessarily in order.

Princess Bride
Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Silence of the Lambs
Fifth Element
My Fair Lady
Forest Gump
Inception
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Indiana Jones: Last Crusade
August Rush
Aliens/Alien
Goonies
Nightmare Before Christmas
Serenity
Seekers w/John Wayne
Braveheart
Saving Private Ryan
Groundhog Day
Bladerunner
Terminator 2
(I'm sure I've forgotten some others I really liked. I don't have a list anywhere, maybe I should)

And if I had to pick just one that I had to watch exclusive to all others: Princess Bride

Bladeforums.com and no one mentioned Rob Roy? Love that show...honor, duty, love, murder and vengence all with swords and scottish accents.

My favorite movie is constantly changing (just like my knives) but I just watched Pulp Fiction for the first time last week and it was incredible.

Bladeforums.com and no one mentioned Rob Roy? Love that show...honor, duty, love, murder and vengence all with swords and scottish accents.

Yeah, that was a very good one! Tim Roth did a great job developing his character of Archie. Tim's handling of the rapier vs the claymore was a very very well done fight scene. :thumbup:

Back