Your cheapest carry and most expensive carry

By "carry", I'm looking for knives you would actually carry as your primary cutting tool for the day. So not the cheapest and most expensive knives you own, but the ones you'll carry in your pocket and use if you have a cutting task.

My Spyderco Lil Matriarch is the knife I carry when running or working out. I've only opened packages so far with the Sharp By Design Arch Nemesis

yOb1rkPh.jpg

victorinox rambler and Large Sebenza with ladder Deamascus blade and silver hardware
$20-700

the rambler is on my keychain and is a true EDC
The large sebenza is regularly carried and used

Last edited:
Well Drop Forged Hunter is cheapest knife I carry, it's also my usual EDC ever since I got it.

Most expensive would be Recon Tanto, I used to carry it at work while I was construction worker, now I only carry it to forrest and while being in rural areas.

But that being said, they were both similarly priced, 42€ and 65€. I know that both are cheap but that's how it is :D

I think the Rift is cheaper than the PM2 or Manix 2. If it is that's the cheapest one I carried, my most expensive was the BM 87. Carried them at the same time 3 years back. Every day anymore I carry a spydiechef and milli 2 anmore. $200 knife and $400 knife.
...CRK Umnumzaan Tanto.
... Large Sebenza with ladder Deamascus blade and silver hardware
$20-700
Sure got them reeves collectors in here. When it comes down to price I could have guessed that would be the case. I'm surprised not more people have Striders on this site. Aren't they like 3~600 too?

Cheapest: Tonife Squirrel

The Squirrel is a tiny fixed blade with an excellent sheath. Fit and finish are decent. It's surprisingly comfortable for a two-fingered grip. The only let-down is the 7Cr17Mov. I mostly use it as a package opener. The reason it gets carried is because it is so small and otherwise so well executed. It usually gets dropped into a jacket, pack, or small pants pocket.

For the $12 I paid for it, I wouldn't be crushed if I lost it. If they released a version of this with better steel, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Most Expensive: either M390 Dividend or Massdrop Gent

These are pretty well-known. What makes the Dividend special for me is the perfect size, perfect alignment with the free deep-carry clip, and tip-down compatibility for shirt-pocket carry.

Years ago I bought a bunch (maybe 300-400?ish) of some tiny keychain sized knives. They had an eagle embossed in the center. Gave them away for a promotion with each sale I made. They were about $0.35 each. Since I had plenty around, that is what I carried for years. I still stumble into one or more when digging around in junk drawers. Nostalgia dictates that one go into the pocket for at least a day or two.
On the other end of spectrum, my four most expensive (yet carried), knives are my ZT0850, and WE Knife Pleroma, Eschaton, & Tyche. All are a pleasure to carry and use. I'll try to snap a pic when I get can.

Not counting SAKs my bottom is a Cold Steel Pro-Lite with the top either my Box Elder Sebenza which was a gift from a friend or the plain Sebenza 25 I purchased. To be perfectly honest, I rarely carry the Box Elder Sebenza due to sentimental value and fear of loss.

That all being said, most days I am carrying neither the Cold Steel Pro Lite or the plain Sebenza 25 but one or more of the many (too many?) I have that fall in between.

Least expensive- Buck.
110, 112, 301BF, 501 take your pick.

Most expensive- CRK.
Large 21 Micarta

I carry and use any of these knives at any given time, without a second thought. I’d use any one of them the same as any other, and have several variations of each to choose from. From the bottom of the barrel to the top, each knife is crafted with quality construction and can be trusted to be a durable, reliable tool for any task I may face. :thumbsup:

Cheapest is some Chinese rope knives I bought in a set. I love these knives. They absolutely defy logic. Insanely cheap. Hold a good edge. Good blade shapes. Most expensive that I actually have edc,d (not just carried for a day). is a Randall model 10-3. All shown next to a Buck 110 which has always been my primary carry. (35+years).
17BBFFA4-F5AD-4EDD-86B7-DDCA3A67A3F1.jpeg 620D5B2C-24B5-4E36-880D-D8008BF971C5.jpeg

The least expensive knife I carry is the Okapi Biltong, $6. I just learned it has been discontinued, though, so prices should be taking off.
The most expensive is the Laconico Keen, which is the most expensive knife I own at about $150. I don’t carry it much, almost never, in fact. The most expensive knife I regularly carry is the Alox Electrician, about $25. The Opinel falls somewhere the Okapi and the Electrician at about $12.

AE7602FD-9A9D-4DFB-BDB9-6670ECDFF0D2.jpeg 880774F2-CAD6-4DF2-B54B-0FC30DCEFBD7.jpeg

Dunno what was more the Case/Bose or one of the XMs so I’ll just put them all. Had the Spanto almost two years the other two are Christmas gifts to myself each of the last two years 84AA317A-CED1-4308-964A-525744D13B5A.jpeg A1994942-AA76-4029-8890-75C56553FEB5.jpeg
Least I think is this 2dot Buck 110 that I got a killer deal on 2 for $50. Kept one and got my money back outta the other. Cool old knife5B7F2DAC-1B05-4984-9F57-07D330814FEF.jpeg

Back