• bone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • synthetic

• steel

• Total voters
For a traditional slip joint stag is at the top of my list too.:thumbup:

Is there anything besides STAG or Bone:;) :D As far as G10..... no way. A good user maybe, but not a traditional:thumbup:

I've got to go with celluloid. I am a sucker for those mottled finishes where all those different colors are at different layers in the material. I don't have any of the old ones, just the modern Bulldogs and Fight'n Roosters.

After that, it would have to be jigged bone. Stag is OK if they don't make it so thick that it doubles the width of the knife.

Jim

At first I thought wood was best, but ever since I got my Eye Brand stockman (a whole two days ago) I've been smitten with stag. It's fascinating, and so much different from other handle materials.

on slipjoints:
Abalone
Pearl
celluloid
bone
ivory

Nothing against wood or stag, but I think they look better on fixed-blade hunting knives than on slipjoints.

-Bob

I'm about evenly split between stag and wood. Bone is nice too, but yeah I guess I'd go for stag first, then wood, good wood :D

Syn

Ain't got one, son! The fun, for me, is in the variety.

If I had to live with just one material...well, I guess I wouldn't!!

Stag

however there is something I've grown to like about case's synthetic brown jigged bone...probably all those years I was poor and that was what was in my pocket.

Bone for me because it still looks like it's growing. Been MOST impressed by some giraffe bone pix I saw in another thread.Mind you, those pix from smiling-knife are outstanding,he must have an art-filled collection as every one of his pictures show sensational knives.

Thank-you very much for the compliment willgoy. I agree, you can't go wrong with a beautiful bone handle. I'm not familair with the giraffe bone... which thread is that please. Thanks again. s-k

mammoth tooth-man that stuff looks great-

also like mammoth ivory and bark ivory mammoth-

Thank-you very much for the compliment willgoy. I agree, you can't go wrong with a beautiful bone handle. I'm not familair with the giraffe bone... which thread is that please. Thanks again. s-k

It's in a thread simply entitled giraffe bone started a couple of days ago and has some outstanding pictures in it, the variety of colour of the bone is particularly impressive. Those old stag pictures of yours have colour like Christmas pudding or rich fruit-cake:thumbup:

Back