Your favorite 'Hawk?

Some of you guys with more than one.....what is your favorite 'hawk? ....and why? Please be as specific as you can, listing the things that it excels at.

That would be like asking which child is your favorite!!!

------------------
Big-Target>>>>>"I may look like a crook and a ruffian. But witness,O Moon, the splender of my heart."-----(Kantaro of Ina)

The Ranger Spike excels at throwing and chopping.

The Viet Nam excels at speed, manuverability and soft target penetration.

I, too, go back and forth on which hawk to get. This will be my first, and I've been vacillating on this issue for a month or so. I've read that the one thing they all have in common is that they are all weighted for throwing. But just how much throwing can the Vietnam hawk withstand? When I first started reading this forum, I didn't think I'd be interested that much in throwing, but it seems like recreational throwing will probably be done a lot more than killing a person; thus, my inclination these days is to go with the spike hawk. Everyone on this forum seems to swear by these. I think the best bet is to eventually get all the models. But the first one should be special in my opinion.

Very hard to chose between the Spike, Light Infantry, and the Veitnam. I quess My favorite is the Ranger Spike Hawk. I'm having a blast learning how to throw it.
Vance

And for general field use/abuse, The Ranger light infantryman hawk, all the way!!!!
wink.gif

------------------
Big-Target>>>>>"I may look like a crook and a ruffian. But witness,O Moon, the splender of my heart."-----(Kantaro of Ina)

I don't have a Light Infantry and my Vietnam hasn't arrived yet, but it's going to be hard to beat the Spike. It's just good for everything . . . obviously no hammer poll but it chops, it throws, and I wouldn't want one swingin' at my head.

Unless it's really necessary for you to have a hammer, or you're very specifically looking for a fighter, I'd try the Spike first and see which of the other directions you want to go.

my $0.02.

I just got my Vietnam 'hawk and have had my RR spike 'hawk for some time. Compared to the Vietnam 'hawk the RR is a monster! For slash and burn, throwing, for things that go bump in the night, and for just good looks the RR is a great 'hawk (I am planning on getting another if that is any indication!). The Vietnam 'hawk is MUCH nicer than the CS version, no comparison. For fast CQB and handiness, the 'nam tomahawk is the way to go.

What the heck, get both!

[This message has been edited by Micro (edited 06-26-2001).]

Back