Your Favorite JK Model?

JK Knives

What`s your favorite JK Knives model? This can be one you already own, or one you hope to own in the future.

(These are my two favorite JK models, but that`s not what I`m talking about)

008.jpg

(These are my two favorite JK models, but that`s not what I`m talking about)

HA! I get it. Nice one.

Right now I have to say my Element Hunter with the Wharny blade is my favorite because it gets used almost every day. The Bocote handle is amazing and the sheath makes for a very comfortable carry even though its a fixed blade.

Next, will definitely be the Stretched Mini Pot. your making for me. Im really looking forward to this little pencil knife. The Osage handles and hollow pins are really gonna make the knife stand out.
It just may overtake the Element Hunter as a new EDC! We shall see, soon enough... :D

The joking answer, the ones I bought and have in my pocket. The hopes and dreams answer
20150315_180753_zpshbmkraxa.jpg

this one I don't know the model name or anything so when I saw a picture I saved it that way I could maybe be able to order it later.

The joking answer, the ones I bought and have in my pocket. The hopes and dreams answer

this one I don't know the model name or anything so when I saw a picture I saved it that way I could maybe be able to order it later.

That's a modified USK. (Urban Survival Kit). I really should make more of those.

I've got to with either the ViKtim or the Kephart. Both are classics in my book.

Attachments

• 2015-08-30 001.jpg
    2015-08-30 001.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 13 may2015 2015-05-12 008.jpg
    13 may2015 2015-05-12 008.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 24
  • OakKephart2.jpg
    OakKephart2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Compact Kephart sept 2015.jpg
    Compact Kephart sept 2015.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 27
The hopes and dreams answer

There is a certain sense of pride that comes with knowing that the One Model that you own is Exactly what someone is looking forward to owning.

Go for it bud, I Love It! That is the knife I use when I need a sturdy knife for work or a nicely sized one for zipping open trout.

This is mine:

No rush from me John! Cant hurry your quality.

Sprinkle that magic baby! :D

Last edited:
My favorite JK that I own is probably my JK Improved Bowie. Versatile, traditional, historical, and beautiful. This is Johns take on the original George Herter's Improved Bowie that was offered for years from the amazing Herter's catalog. I own several original Herter's Improved Bowie Knives and in my opinion, they were made to be very inexpensive, but still be functional as hell. Sort of like Ontario's Old Hickory line,(but not as nice!).
The knife that John built me is of extreme Quality, it is the knife that George Herter would have sold if he had been the cutlery buyer for VL&A, Abercrombie & Fitch, Marshall Fields, Orvis or L.L Bean. and did not have to built the product to a price. I know that George Leonard Herter would have loved it so that's why I had John stamp his initials on it, G.L.H. I truly believe that I could have traded this knive to Nesmuck or Kephart for their knife plus an axe and a saw!
The hump on the back (thumb ramp) was available on and off over the years as George could not seem to decide if he liked it or not. I had John put the HUMP on this one to make it instantly recognized by Herter's Fan Boys such as myself.

The JK knife I wishedI owned, would be an Ek style Commando......some day!

Picture by John K.IMP BOWIE.jpg

Original Kephart
Trapline
Kentucky Fieldmate
Element Tanto

If I could only have one, I would grab my box of JKs and run away!

The JKTK is still my all time favorite though, with the Sam;s sawybeack and Iris close bhind. But I deisgned those ones so you'd kind of expect that :)

So I'll go with this one, the JK Hiker

DSC04943.JPG

My favorite I don't own, that's a tougher decision

But I liked this little dozie

DSC05248.JPG

or the JK Tool
DSC04930.JPG

but it's very temping to move these two to the top of the list

Of my current stable I have to say it's this little bugger.
DSC05248.JPG

But I can't wait to get to know my Hiker III once I finally get around to putting scales on it.

In the "love to have, but probably out of my price range" category I'll admit to being more than a little enamoured with Hawks and hatchets I've seen.

High on my wish list is a friction folder with a cap lifter tang...

In the "love to have, but probably out of my price range" category I'll admit to being more than a little enamoured with Hawks and hatchets I've seen.

the worst part about wanting a JK hawk or hatchet is some bugger always posting nice pictures of it and talking about how happy they are they went out a got it despite the price and how much use and value it has, I hate those guys

Here's a picture of my super awesome JK Hawk - that i'm reallly gald I taked my wife into getting one, never regreted - to cheer you up.

Back