Your favorite Military of all-time

I picked up a cts-xhp Millie today! We'll see how it compares to my s90 and s110v Millies.

I also recently purchased a nice Military CTS-XHP, curious to read your impressions on the steel.

Regards,
FK

Excellent. Glad I held out for a stepped pin version. Of course the 204p is great steel and I like the green g10 also. Should be the perfect millie for me.

My pre-CQI millies (M390 & CruWear) are just as smooth as the newer ones I have. I'm loving the fact the new ones have bigger lanyard holes though. Other than that they have always been high quality knives and as I said earlier they are all smooth and drop freely when unlocked. Can't go wrong with a millie.

First Blood (1982) Bowie and ... hum yeah , First Blood Part II (1985) bowie ...Ahhhhhh and Rambo III Bowie !!! ;)

the MOST collectable military memorabilia knives ever made on the planet !!!

rambo-knife.jpg

fb_17-Copy.jpg

sylvester-stallone-rambo-first-blood-part-ii-1985-EFACMP.jpg

rambo-knife.jpg

......OUPS , completely forget about spyderco ! LOL

Last edited:
The S90V/CF/Ti just outclasses all other Militaries imo.

i70rMyW.jpg
yi1LMhA.png

But I still very much like the 204P/green G10 too.
GIU7IKY.jpg
wwZBLWD.jpg

Excellent, correct on both counts! These are still being sold for roughly the same price as a Millie in plain old s30v!

First Blood (1982) Bowie and ... hum yeah , First Blood Part II (1985) bowie ...Ahhhhhh and Rambo III Bowie !!! ;)

the MOST collectable military memorabilia knives ever made on the planet !!!

rambo-knife.jpg

fb_17-Copy.jpg

sylvester-stallone-rambo-first-blood-part-ii-1985-EFACMP.jpg

rambo-knife.jpg

......OUPS , completely forget about spyderco ! LOL

He didn’t make his own knife until the 4th and final? The Hunted, which I think was closer to the book(which I haven’t read, so I may be fos) has the character make his own knife out of some scrap steel he found.

Excellent, correct on both counts! These are still being sold for roughly the same price as a Millie in plain old s30v!

Right on. It just baffles me why anyone would choose any regular production Military over the kw 204p, which once in a while is on sale @ $160?

Right on. It just baffles me why anyone would choose any regular production Military over the kw 204p, which once in a while is on sale @ $160?

Is it possible that KW received more than the 1200 of each they advertise? Because I just can’t believe they are still available! I mean, I liked them so much I ordered 2 more of each as backups. Maybe Millie fans just don’t like the color or the peel ply carbon fiber. I paid $229 for the titanium/carbon fiber/s90v, and I think they are now $239. Better value than any other exclusives or production Millies out there imo.

Reactions: Mo2
Is it possible that KW received more than the 1200 of each they advertise? Because I just can’t believe they are still available! I mean, I liked them so much I ordered 2 more of each as backups. Maybe Millie fans just don’t like the color or the peel ply carbon fiber. I paid $229 for the titanium/carbon fiber/s90v, and I think they are now $239. Better value than any other exclusives or production Millies out there imo.
I'd love to know how many 204P and S90V Militaries KW still has in stock.

Military, and specifically the KW 204P, is my second favorite Spyderco ever. I have never bought a duplicate knife; not planning on starting. But if I was clumsy or prone to loosing things, I would definitely have another one of these.

Holding out for something new. The way BHQ has been putting out their exclusives, we may even see a M4 DLC version of this favorite model of mine.

ABjHsceh.jpg

My favorite is my fluted titanium with s110v blade.
As a user, the KW green CTS204P.
For nostalgia, peel ply CF with s90v blade - the first Military I got.

The para 3 in cf/90v is $208.
My favorite is my fluted titanium with s110v blade.
As a user, the KW green CTS204P.
For nostalgia, peel ply CF with s90v blade - the first Military I got.

Was swapping the handles between the blurple and fluted ti easy? I wanted to try something similar with cruwear and plain ti, same pre cqi generation. What I mean by easy, was it a simple unscrew and swap, or were there a few more steps to it?
Fluted Ti and s110v sounds like pure perfection!

Was swapping the handles between the blurple and fluted ti easy? I wanted to try something similar with cruwear and plain ti, same pre cqi generation. What I mean by easy, was it a simple unscrew and swap, or were there a few more steps to it?
Fluted Ti and s110v sounds like pure perfection!

I think the biggest issue was just the tight fit of the lanyard tubes. I don't recall any serious problems, and I'm no expert in these things. The blades are exactly the same shape, so there was no problem with centering or lock-up after the switch. In the past, I've had some issues with screws stripping on other Spyderco knives, but that wasn't a problem on the Millies.

Back