Your favorite multi tool

I have a lot of Multi tools, I have about 20 Swiss Army knives, from the Swiss champ to the OHT and on and on. I love my Swiss Army knives and I keep them stashed in places such as Bug out Bags and my Trucks and 4 wheelers. I also have a Leatherman Wave that I keep in my truck, but the one Multi tool that I keep coming back to and carrying every day is a Leatherman Blast. That paired with a knife clipped to my pocket seems to work best for me. Im talking about size, weight and utility. I dont like bulky stuff on me and by the time I put my wallet in my pocket and my keys on my side and cell phone some were on my body and a can of skoal in my back pocket. Thats a lot of stuff to carry. I currently carry a Buck Vantage Select clipped to my left front pocket and a Leatherman Blast on my belt in a leather pouch for and EDC. It works and does not weigh me down as much. So what is best for you as an EDC. Just wondering. Thanks. Oh and by the way, like I said before I love my Swiss Army knives and every once in a while Ill change out the Blast for my Swiss champ or My OHT or Swiss champ plus.

ATM my favorite is the Victorinox Spirit . I pair it up with an OH Soldier or one or other of the Alox SAK's . I highly reccomend the Vic. Rambler for the keys or coin pocket of the wallet .

Chris

This one because it is just plain exquisite in it's build quality. Oh yeah, it's got tools also....:D:thumbup:

DSC07064.jpg

I love the Leatherman Juice. I had a XE6 for a while that I got in a trade but I wasn't a big fan of the Purple. I now carry an S2 and absolutely love it! It is the perfect size for me to EDC and has been on my side for almost a year now!

This one because it is just plain exquisite in it's build quality. Oh yeah, it's got tools also....:D:thumbup:

DSC07064.jpg

MAN, I love the Victorinox Multitool sheaths. They make some good looking sheaths :thumbup:. I'm a Leatherman fan, but the Victorinox sheaths seem to be better quality and get a point for style above leathermans....

Last edited:
I have a leatherman but it never leaves my room. I carry my SAK cadet daily. Sometimes ill throw in my hiker but not often.

thx Wildone for not asking "what's the BEST"! like such a thing exists for everyone! :p

for me it's the Vic Spirit also, for it's nice size, erg grips, smooth tools and swiss quality.

The last few weeks I mainly carried a two layer alox Victorinox model, mostly the Soldier and sometimes the Pioneer Rancher. The Soldier is my most carried SAK of all times, followed by the Climber. And there is an Ambassador on the keyring, for the scissors, toothpick and tweezers.

Skeletool cx. Mainly because I won't carry a multi-tool in a sheath and it rides nicely clipped in a pocket. It also has a real usable knife blade instead of feeling like a knife protruding out of a rectangular handle. Admittedly it only has pliers, screw driver bits and a bottle opener but I find it's very handy and the carabiner is awesome as well, especially for clipping to a belt loop.

MAN, I love the Victorinox Multitool sheaths. They make some good looking sheaths :thumbup:. I'm a Leatherman fan, but the Victorinox sheaths seem to be better quality and get a point for style above leathermans....

The LM Charge TTi comes with a mighty fine leather sheath!!!:D

DSC07025.jpg

:)

I love the Leatherman Juice. I had a XE6 for a while that I got in a trade but I wasn't a big fan of the Purple. I now carry an S2 and absolutely love it! It is the perfect size for me to EDC and has been on my side for almost a year now!

I love my "purple" :) I thought about getting the alternative (ash/grey color), but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed this one had more character. At least I think it does ;)

Carrying my XE6 n my windbreaker at this time. On my pocket is my Buck Vantage Select (I can't bring myself to carry the Avid or the Pro yet).

Xela

Pretty much any version of the Leatherman charge or Leatherman Wave for a full-size MT. Leatherman Juice S2 for a smaller MT. I haven't personally tried a Swisstool, but I love the ease of access of the blades on the Wave/Charge.

Here's a pic of my collection so far.

Here's my 3 favorites in their respective weight classes ;)

JuiceSquirtCharge.jpg

And here is my collection thus far

MTCollection.jpg

Skeletool gets done most of what i need. If it had scissors it would be perfect. The Charge TTi is my favorite.

My favourite for many years was the PST. I EDC'd it for 13 years. No reason to get another. I have a fondness for SAKs, and so I discovered the Spirit. I like that it is comparable in size to the PST and it has become my favorite.

I also have a skeletool that I pair with a swisschamp or a farmer when in the woods, or working the fields. But, you never forget your first. Still like the PST.

Healthvet

Skeletool for sure everyday, light duty as already mentioned. It rides great in the pocket and really comes in handy. I use a supertool 300 at work for the bigger stuff though.

My favorites are my SAK Swiss Champ, I've carried various versions of this model every day for the last 34 years, and I've also carried the original Leatherman Supertool since its introduction and have since added the Crunch and Micra (and Supertool Bit Kit).

For me, these are all that I ever need outside of the workshop, and I love 'em!
happy0034.gif

Back