Your favorite Slipjoint

My favorite slip joints: the one made for me by Devin Thomas, and Bill Ruple also makes a mean slip joint.

Victorinox Climber which recently replaced a Tinker. I still haven't used the all mysterious "all purpose hook" on my Climber though. :confused:

Keith Mayton said:
Victorinox Climber which recently replaced a Tinker. I still haven't used the all mysterious "all purpose hook" on my Climber though. :confused:

Hold packages tied together with string.

I favor my Vic Climber (nylon handle), my Camillus official Boy Scout four-blade camper (BSA008--chestnut delrin handle), and a beautiful Turkish clip blade custom with blonde bone scales by Gary Crowder that I bought at the NYCCCKS last November. I especially like the Camillus because it is so functional and it is such a piece of Americana. I like to think about the thousands upon thousands who have carried this model and I feel a connection to them. Plus, I used to live next door to Camillus in Syracuse.

I just got involved with slip joint knives. Several years ago my wife bought me a Parker Edwards two blade damascus trapper. I kept it sharp but never really carried it or used it for anything. My interests went towards more tactical knives. However, lately I have been getting more interested in the folders that started me on this road.

I now have a small stag Case Trapper, a stag Queen Trapper, a Schatt & Morgan Candy Stripe Trapper and a Queen stag Copperhead.

One great thing about slip joints is that even if somewhat large they are very Sheeple friendly knives. I took the Queen Trapper on a camping trip and really liked the way it performed. Used it to clean the bark off of a waking stick.

I may have to break down and get a custom.

I really like slip-joints. I have several OLD TIMERS....not sure which is my favorite. Either the 8OT or the 94OT. I also really like my Vic. Tinker. I have my eye on several more.

My favorite slip-joint is the Victorinox Soldier...err....Electrician....err...Explorer, I mean Champ, or maybe the Rancher, or Climber, or Tinker even....oh I dont know, but its a Victorinox of some sort.

Richard said:
My favorite slip-joint is the Victorinox Soldier...err....Electrician....err...Explorer, I mean Champ, or maybe the Rancher, or Climber, or Tinker even....oh I dont know, but its a Victorinox of some sort.

The Victorinox Soldier is one of my favorite slip-joints too. Great knife.
-Kevin

I have really enjoyed this Toothpick from Bill Ruple:

bgknife2844.jpg

I usually have a slip joint in my pocket. My favorite is probably the Puma Prospector (see a picture at pumaonly.com)

I EDC a Victorinox huntsman and a Schrade 897UH stockman, they are my favorite slipjoints for carry, they satisfy my everyday needs and I like them.

Now, here´s one that I recently got from a fine gentleman over at the Schrade forums, I consider it too pretty to carry, but it is a favorite. A Stag handled Schrade stockman in the same pattern as my EDC.

stock-stag.jpg

Don Luis said:
I EDC a Victorinox huntsman and a Schrade 897UH stockman

I have one of those Schrade Uncle Henrys - it's a similar Stockman pattern to the Case 6318 -

Case_Schrade.jpg

How about these -

a Camillus "Pony" rehandled in mother of pearl and Apache gold by Santa Fe Stoneworks -
Camillus.jpg

Victorinox Classic SD in gold-lip mother of pearl -
ClassicPearl.jpg

Victorinox Classic SD in translucent ruby - as is -
classicSDruby3_S.jpg

--
Vincent

http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net/
http://UnknownVT.cjb.net/

Vincent, you have some really cool knives, by the way, I´ve posted a picture in your Customized SAKs thread.

I picked this up at Blade. Might be too fancy for an EDC, though. :D

Attachments

• eRB-Rgr5Blad.jpg
    eRB-Rgr5Blad.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,422
Buzzbait, how are those carbon-fiber handled SAK's coming along? Should I start making out the check? ;)

My favorite would be a Bradshaw Laredo whittler.

laredo02.jpg

And I've got a single blade Laredo like this one on the way from Bailey :D

stagclip02jpg.jpg

Don M said:
I usually have a slip joint in my pocket. My favorite is probably the Puma Prospector (see a picture at pumaonly.com)

Thats my favorite too. I have two of them. One from the early 80ties and a final edition from the late 90ties. The old one is a piece af art as it comes to workmanship and the newer one is better than average for a slipjoint. I like that its simple and basic still beautiful.

Today, like most days I am carrying my Ray Cover - left front pocket. It's a big slippie at just barely over 4" closed but I really don't notice it since it is very well designed. I have other knives the same size (or a little smaller) that I just can't carry comfortably in my pocket so it really amazes me.

This particular one is ATS-34 with Bos HT, the two blade styles are IMO the most functional for EDC type tasks.

I put a razor edge on it with my EdgePro when I got it and have not touched the edge since, stays sharp a good long time...

Sorry for the crappy pic (and all of the lint), I'm at work and just used the company Mavica ;)

Back