Your First knife?

Here's my first knife, made many years ago know. Scrounged the cherry from a custom trim shops dumpster and the steel was from a large circuar saw mill blade. It's my official chicken wing cutter for when we make hot wings! :D Heat treated it with two handheld propane torches (one from each side) and a cave made from firebricks.

fd2f4705.jpg

micad that is a great story. LOL I bet your dad after placing the stripes on ya showed that knife off to all of his buddies.

Ya, it got passed around a few bs sessions, IIRC. Also, saw lots of time on the boat.
But it still took a while before setting down didn't remind me that sometimes the best of intentions can still get you into trouble!:)

-Mike-

Here's my first knife, made many years ago know. Scrounged the cherry from a custom trim shops dumpster and the steel was from a large circuar saw mill blade. It's my official chicken wing cutter for when we make hot wings! :D Heat treated it with two handheld propane torches (one from each side) and a cave made from firebricks.

fd2f4705.jpg

Guy I can't believe this is the first time I've seen that knife! Have the "other two guys" seen that? Very nice work! Great story too. Some of the "first knife" stories are as cool as their knives... :D

Back