Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Two that I have been hunting for a while. Red sawcut 77 which is off to get a blade delete and a kudu bone NW Indian River Jack.

aFJ474w.jpeg
Sweet! Kudu bone is so cool and that 77 just goes without saying. 👍

My Fontenille Pataud Capuchadou 10 cm with ram's horn in the classic range arrived today. Some quick first impressions. The fit and finish are as advertised, spot on. The ram's horn is more impressive than I expected, I really enjoy the character. The inclusion on the pile side near the butt is rough enough to have a little catch spot that I will keep an eye on. It is a natural material and this is not unexpected. With the cam tang the action is very smooth, at almost open and closed the tension picks up slightly. The blade takes slightly more effort to break the spring loose to close. It's very well designed. The 14C28N steel has a nice edge on it out of the slip, although I did strop it out of habit before I prepared the vegetables for dinner. It sliced up every thing nicely. I will definitely be exploring more of the Fontenille Pataud knives either the 12cm Capuchadou or some of the Chamois offerings (spear blade). At the end of the pictures I included a GEC 77 for size reference.
mkT9Byd.jpg
3c2zW3X.jpg
hDm8oMy.jpeg
byRclnd.jpeg
niXLSgs.jpeg
cox5lII.jpeg
Wm0LL2p.jpeg
lgkwnAC.jpeg
Does the 10 cm indicate the blade is 10cm long?

Zieg

The Zieg The Zieg F-P sizes refer to closed size, they offer Capuchadou and Chamois in both 10cm and 12cm sizes. Their new 'London' knife looks interesting too.

shocking surprise in today's mail call. 🤯😳

My first ALOX SAK. (a Pioneer with fancy fob) was in the (SAK?) leather sheath for a 4" closed (8OT) size stockman a very generous member offered to send me.
The sheath will also work for a standard Trapper pattern, if I can ever talk myself into toting a Trapper. I find the Stockman more versitle. What can I say? 🤨

IMG_20240508_151720.jpg
The Pioneer is also my second un-red SAK. 😁👍

Last edited:
shocking surprise in today's mail call. 🤯😳

My first ALOX SAK. (a Pioneer with fancy fob) was in the (SAK?) leather sheath for a 4" closed (8OT) size stockman a very generous member offered to send me.
The sheath will also work for a standard Trapper pattern, if I can ever talk myself into toting a Trapper. I find the Stockman more versitle. What can I say? 🤨

View attachment 2567682
The Fronteer is also my second un-red SAK. 😁👍
The first "un-red" being that LE in wood?

Hi Folks. Been a rough road the last couple of months. More like 6+. But recently I landed a new job and got back on track. Had to sell much of my favorite blades in the collection in that time but now time to start adding. Thank all of you that bought from me these last months.

The first new acquisitions. A stag Swell Center by Joel Chamblin and a Texas Jack dressed in Westinghouse by Lloyd.

PSX_20240511_181728.jpg
PSX_20240511_181410.jpg

Hope all of you have a great weekend and get a chance to see the aurora tonight.

Hi Folks. Been a rough road the last couple of months. More like 6+. But recently I landed a new job and got back on track. Had to sell much of my favorite blades in the collection in that time but now time to start adding. Thank all of you that bought from me these last months.

The first new acquisitions. A stag Swell Center by Joel Chamblin and a Texas Jack dressed in Westinghouse by Lloyd.

View attachment 2569605
View attachment 2569606

Hope all of you have a great weekend and get a chance to see the aurora tonight.
Glad life took a turn for the positive. A nice start to rebuilding your collection.
Congrats.

Back