Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

Eight years ago I owned three knives from way back in Junior High. My nephew mentioned NS during a conversation about my three old rusty knives. I watched a few of his videos. I learned about steels. I learned how to take apart and clean a knife. And I learned how to tell a good knife from a not so good one. Quite a free education over the course of many, many hours.

I now own, carry, use and care for over 150 knives….it’s a hobby and it’s a passion. My appreciation for Nick Shabazz knows no bounds.

Well I’m off to hunt dangerous game and fish for salmon so I can come back and review my benchmade bugout. I’ll let you all know how my knife fight with a grizzly bear goes! 🔪🐻
A trash panda got really pissy about how unsporting it was to pull a knife on them, when they were trying to get into my chicken coop. It's important to bring a second knife, unless you want woodland animals to tell all the other critters in the forest that when it comes to impromptu duels you have no sense of honour.

Even though i had a big farm and lived 30 miles from the nearest grocery store, hunted and processed animals regularly, I still appreciate videos of knives I'm interested in, even if done by people who live in cities with no yards.

I'm a weird dude I guess who watches tons of knife videos on knives I want to buy 🤷🏽

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated, but this comment made me laugh harder than anything has in a while. You're a gem.

(And thank you, everybody, for the kind words and constructive feedback!)
So, do you plan to review urban studio apartments anytime soon? How do they compare to rural estates, suburban bungalows, etc.?

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated, but this comment made me laugh harder than anything has in a while. You're a gem.

(And thank you, everybody, for the kind words and constructive feedback!)
With the relaxing climate on automatic knives, you might have a whole new genre to explore.
Pretty sure I'm not the only one who would like to watch your disassembly and maintenance style of video for a few of the more popular autos out there.

We definitely need more reviewers doing assembly/disassembly videos. That would save people a lot of hassle. I currently have a launch 15 in pieces because the button spring shot across the room nowhere to be found and I had to order a replacement.
Whenever I disassemble something with springs, I put it inside a giant zip lock bag to help reduce the risk of lost parts or a spring to the eyeball.

They have jumbo 2.5 gallons and some 5 gallon ones as well.

This morning I turned to NickShabazz NickShabazz to help me disassemble and reassemble my 25. This is the first one I’ve ever touched.

CRK doesn’t have a video on it I found and his was excellent and I doubt I would have caught the index needed on the stop pin for at least a couple of apart and back together cycles.

Last edited:
The last time I watched one of Nick’s reviews was after reading this thread at its inception in 2019, I liked the reviews fine, but as I recall, they were mostly about folders. I do not buy too many folders, and usually only look at reviews after I have bought my knife. Sometimes the make me feel better about a choice I would have made anyway.

His video about worst knife ever (fractal of terrible knife making) made me cry from laughing.

Other videos are OK but just kinda boring IMO. He doesn't have the content I'm interested in, but that doesn't mean he is bad.

Expensive watches have ruined The Nick, as they do all who wander down that Path of Debauchery.

Come back to the Sharp Side, NickShabazz NickShabazz ! ;)

Last edited:
Back