Your thoughts on Victorinox SwissTool Spirit Multi-Tool with Pouch

I have an ST RS and a road edition spirit x. Both are beautiful and great tools. I added a nite ize clip to the spirit and that made it much better imho.

Sent from Ash forum mobile

Thanks Ash, it should be here in a few hours. Be careful with thos Nite Ize Clips. I had some of their small S-bieners that would come loose unannounced.

jwh

Be careful with thos Nite Ize Clips. I had some of their small S-bieners that would come loose unannounced.

jwh

Two different critters. S-biners work (or don't work) on an entirely different principle. For my purposes, they have done very well. In any case, I never hang something out there with these biners. If they should come detached from knife or flashlight, my usual pairing, it is always into my pocket, so I never lose anything. OTOH, the NiteIze pocket clip keeps my gear in place better than almost any other I have ever used, and I have complete confidence in it. Try one and see for yourself.

Two different critters. S-biners work (or don't work) on an entirely different principle. For my purposes, they have done very well. In any case, I never hang something out there with these biners. If they should come detached from knife or flashlight, my usual pairing, it is always into my pocket, so I never lose anything. OTOH, the NiteIze pocket clip keeps my gear in place better than almost any other I have ever used, and I have complete confidence in it. Try one and see for yourself.

I will check them out. My experience was using the S-Biner to attach a small neck knife to paracord . There was just not enough tension on the springs on these little gems. Are you talking about the metal clips that attach by adhesive to an item of your choice?

jwh

As others have said, it's a beautifully made multi-tool. I really, really do wish the wire cutters were hardened higher, however. I dinged mine up early, cutting a steel wire that wax mixed up with a bunch of copper wires (all coated) and have gone back to my Ti Leatherman Charge ever since.

As others have said, it's a beautifully made multi-tool. I really, really do wish the wire cutters were hardened higher, however. I dinged mine up early, cutting a steel wire that wax mixed up with a bunch of copper wires (all coated) and have gone back to my Ti Leatherman Charge ever since.

It came in yesterday and I am quite impressed with it.

jwh

Are you talking about the metal clips that attach by adhesive to an item of your choice?

jwh

Yes. A NiteIze eClipse is attached to my cell phone and it works to perfection. The only reason I haven't hung one on a multi-tool or knife is that I like pocket clips for those to be easily attachable and removable. An eClipse, however, is a commitment. That said, I keep an extra just in case I change my mind ;) .

The Victorinox Spirit has won the multi-tool contest over 25 years with me also. i started with an original leatherman, got a wave when they came out, then a new wave, then a supertool and a swisstool. But as soon as i got a spirit I stopped using the other ones and have given/traded them away.

Of course it's a specific end-purpose that decides the winner. My use is fairly light but I travel extensively. The spirit lives in my travel bag and is used for occasional car/bike repairs, general utility etc. Regardless -it gets used at least once a day for something......

If I was in a mechanical maintenance role or the like and was harder on the screwdrivers (particularly the phillips) and the pliers - I'd probably use the VIC swisstool or LM supertool.

My spirit is about 8 years old now and has been all around the world, on two multi-week treks and goes fishing monthly. It still looks pretty much NIB. Great piece of kit.

I've had the SwissTool RS for nearly three years. My only nit to pick with it, as has been mentioned already, is how heavy it is. Otherwise it is a very useful tool -- one I will never wear out. I keep telling myself to pick up a Spirit, but knife money always seems to go to folders. One of these days I will get one.

Is there a sexier looking multitool on the planet than this?? I think not.

l_10-3_0239_l_swiss-tool-spirit-4.jpg

Back