Your Thoughts?

JK Knives

I`m thinking about bringing these two back. Any interest in something like these?

Roach Belly. This one is a hair over 9" long, with a 4 1/2" blade of 1/8" O1.

fz6d09.jpg

Hudson Bay. 12" overall, with a 7" blade of 3/16" O1.

r1eyjq.jpg

I think the Hudson Bay with a forge finish. You seem to be working really hard lately. Keep up the energy and I wish you well.

I like the Roach Belly and wouldn't mind having one with a smaller blade and contoured handle for a general utility and hunting knife. It would go great paired with a Belt Hawk or Hatchet.

Do you have a picture of yours MidwestDave? Im not sure if I have seen it.

I like the Roach Belly and wouldn't mind having one with a smaller blade and contoured handle for a general utility and hunting knife. It would go great paired with a Belt Hawk or Hatchet.

Do you have a picture of yours MidwestDave? Im not sure if I have seen it.

Dave`s was bigger than standard, if I remember right.

The Roach Belly Lite is smaller. It measures 7 1/2" overall, with a 3 1/2" blade. jds1 designed it.

attachment.php

The Lite sounds like what I want then, but the regular version seems like a keeper to me as well.

I think my JK Original is similar to the roach belly and is a fabulous design. Mine has been battoned, used for everyday tasks, and food prep. Heck of a great knife.

Last edited:
Hey John, Let's say you're me and not independantly wealthy, which knife would you pick, the knachet, or the hudson bay?

The Hudson Bay has always been a favorite of mine. I've always been surprised that you haven't made more of them.

Hey John, Let's say you're me and not independantly wealthy, which knife would you pick, the knachet, or the hudson bay?

Depends on what you are going to use it for, but my choice would be the Hudson Bay.

Depends on what you are going to use it for, but my choice would be the Hudson Bay.

Hmmmm...interesting. I sold my HBay because I thought it super heavy and I ADORE the knatchet. The knatchet can be choked up and used in kitchen prep. I find it to be incredibly useful. NoahL made me an awesome baldric and sheath. I will try to get some pics up.

Back