• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Yours Truly

Gilbert and Sullivan wrote the Mikado. One of the songs refers to a sword (a headsman's sword if I remember correctly) as a 'snickersnee'.

Snikers,

You are unimpressed, because you have never trained with either. The Katana is arguably the most leathal sword ever made. In the hands of someone with the training to use it properly.

Lightning Fast, Razor Sharp and able to remove large portions of your body with one cut. Most of those who have lost a fight using a Katana, did not live to fight again.

Question, how many times have you seen the Highlander lose a fight. Exactly!

Les Robertson
Kendo Nidan

Snickers,

What are you doing over here I've been looking for you over at the general forum
frown.gif

Like your stuff, very interesting, very entertaining, plenty of human interest; sometimes a little over stress - you should really learn to reeeelaaaax a little.

Now calm down...
take a deep breath
hold it
count to three

Come on one more time ...

There isn't that better?

Now stop feeling sorry for yourself and get back in there and kick the living $###%%?!!! out of that poor &*@!! who throughly needs it!
smile.gif

I think you could be more tactful at times (so could I) but I disagree vehemently with the "longwinded" comment -- I don't think any of your posts are longwinded at all.

Um ... I wonder if those same people think I'm longwinded too ... I don't think I'll ask them.
smile.gif

-Cougar Allen :{)

P.S. Am I the only one who would love to see a flame war between Snickersnee and Les Robertson??? Take it to the Tactical Forum, guys, and go to it!

-Cougar :{)

Just found this thread. Came back and re-read it and the responses to date. Sounds like I'd go along with a lot of them, especially the ones who notice similarities in you to things they've been trying to improve in themselves.

Long time back in the pop-psychology self help section of the bookstores there was a transactional analysis ( Rational Emotive Therapy pureed to fit in baby food jars ) book by Wayne Dyer titled "I'm OK, You're OK".

A famous pioneer in thanatology ( death and dying ) named Elizabeth Kubler-Ross heard the title and rebutted Dyer's drivel with the statement: "I'm not OK, You're not OK, but that's OK!"

As a friend says, "I'm perfectly human, and thus humanly imperfect."

Sounds to me like you're now at the place you ought to be at this time or you wouldn't be there, if that makes sense to you. And the "there" looks to me to be here at BladeForums.

:
Hey Snick.
I just found this too.It is kind of slow around the forums today.

I have enjoyed your posts.I have learned a bit about several things and I think I may know what a _Good_ Navaja may be made like now and i have more confidence in mine since your input has been availible.It is good to know there are still some places in Florida that are still wild enough to support real life and that there are still some people around to appreciate that.

Hopefully you have learned a bit from me also.I do know that I would very much like to meet you in person and have many more talks about knives and navajas in particular.

Hang around for about 20 or 30 years and most everyone will have mellowed out or walked on in some manner or the other.

------------------

>>>>---¥vsa---->®
Cornbread ain't s'possed ta be sweet!....Dagnabit gurl,whut did they teach you way up north in ....;) hehehe.

Cougar, gonna have to disapoint you on that flame war, but the katana comment will force me to reply with my usual;

Katanas are arguable the most hyped-up sword ever made.

Kat's are not well suited for thrusting and incapable of flase-edge attacks, their diminutive tsuba are just about useless for binding and trapping your opponent's weapon.

While they have a sharp edge, that's about all they have. Compared to Western "broadswords" they are one-trick ponies.

The Western tools are capable of shearing armor, the can dismember an unarmored corpse with the greatest of ease.

Kat's strong point is drawcuts, about useless against armor.

On second thought, let's open that thread up in the other forum.
smile.gif

I seriously thought you were that Steve Erwin guy, "crocodile hunter" on Animal Planet. Who else tackles boar and swims with sharks or whatever, then recalls a story about sourpuss? I too have done some adventurous things in my life. Like one time I walked into the ocean untill I was waist deep! Then I stepped on a piece of seaweed and screamed
frown.gif

I won't rebutt anything, I won't try to defend myself or ward off criticisms. If you have something tosay, let it be known.
...but the katana comment will force me to reply with my usual...

Hmmmm.

Just keeping you on your toes Snick
smile.gif

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Back