Yow !! My knife bit me - that Bagwell concept clip works !!

I thought I'd share this little misfortune with you guys.

I am in the very bad habit of propping the (spine side) tip of my knife against my leg when examining the edge, doing some fine polishing etc.

I was doing the same to my latest knife and this is what happened. It had a Bagwell-concept concave clip on it. I didn't even feel it when it went through my pants TWICE. The wound is on my left thigh and ended up being about 1/4inch deep. And that was even without trying.

When I saw the cut, my first reaction was, "Damn, I like that edge geometry !!" :D I'll keep using it...

The offender :-
http://fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dl...BE-573537E4D9FC}&exp=f&moddt=37950.2208087153

The damage :-
http://fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dl...70-ECF4556AD176}&exp=f&moddt=37950.8426777546

Awesome piece,we know it ucts good! one of these days im going to be able to make one like that..awesome..

I had to shave my thigh so I could examine the damage properly. There was a bit of blood...

My "shaving test" spot is further down on my left shin !! :D :D Jason.

The damage :-

Uhh Jason, that's a little more of you than I cared to see! :p My Bagwell is the only knife I own that has a sharpened clip, have gotten close to cutting myself a couple of times by just being stupid with it. Good looking knife, hope you heal well!

Yup, slosh some acetone on it to stop the bleeding. When you finish shrieking from that pain, get on back to grinding.;) :D

It is a nice knife.:cool:

Jason, very beautiful knife! We won't tell anyone what you did. Not us. JASON CUT HIMSELF! I am glad it wasn't worse than that, guessing how sharp it is.

That ain't nothing, with a name like yours, you should do better next time.

I once dropped a very heavy Japanese blade, very sharp, and got my foot under it just in time to save the edge. I was wearing Birkenstock sandles at the time, nearly floated away.

Is there a doctor in the house? Ooops, you ARE the doctor! :D

By the way, nice knife.

:eek: :eek: :barf:

OK, WULF, YOU WIN !!!

I wanted to post the thread because I found it funny that my first thoughts were about that I must've gotten the edge geometry right, not, "OMAGAWD, I'M BLEEDING..." must be a knifemaker thing.

Also, nothing special about my clip on my knife, just that this particular geometry seems to work exceptionally well, and any maker can do it... Even works when not trying... Jason. :D

Back