Yup, I'm still kickin'

I had a fellow forum member ask me recently why I haven't posted any knives lately. Well, I have been a busy fellow.

The pic below shows 12 knives, 10 of which are going to one customer.

I have also posted a pic of just one of the knives. If you are interested in seeing individual pics and stats of the knives, you can click HERE

sing10-all.jpg

sing10-2.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I really like those 'Dark Side Tacticals'! Is there any difference working with the micarta pins vs. steel pins? I've been thinking about doing some mortised tangs using micarta pins, but I'm wary about working with 'em.

Big Boy, I've been worrying about you. Glad to see you've just been keeping busy.

Its been a couple years since you left your old job. Have you missed it?

Nice looking knives and sheaths.

Looks like you've been doing more "swinging" then "kicking"!

That's a nice batch of knives!

That's a great looking batch of knives! You've been spending your time very wisely it seems :)

Robert,

You put us to shame.:(

What a great array of knives. Good to see you are keeping the forge up and running.

What do your hands look like. Did you get these done with out to much damage to your fingers?:)

Fred

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I really like those 'Dark Side Tacticals'! Is there any difference working with the micarta pins vs. steel pins? I've been thinking about doing some mortised tangs using micarta pins, but I'm wary about working with 'em.

Walter, I have never used the Micarta pins on anything but the neoprene. You drill a 3/16" hole through the neoprene, then with the help of a little epoxy (as a lubricant), you actually have to drive/push the pins through the neoprene.

I recently received feedback from a customer that has been using a knife like this for over 4 years. He loves it and has had no problems with the neoprene or pins.

Big Boy, I've been worrying about you. Glad to see you've just been keeping busy.

Its been a couple years since you left your old job. Have you missed it?

Nice looking knives and sheaths.

Hey Big-un, Its been almost 2 1/2 years. I have never looked back. I love what I am doing (full-time maker), but large orders like this one can resemble work. No complaints here though, as I feel fortunate that enough folks like my work to keep me busy.

Robert,

You put us to shame.:(

What a great array of knives. Good to see you are keeping the forge up and running.

What do your hands look like. Did you get these done with out to much damage to your fingers?:)

Fred

Between my old "forger's elbow, being half-blind, and as old as dirt, my poor old fingers don't stand much of a chance. I still work like a borrowed mule every day because I just might not wake up tomorrow.

Thanks for all the kind comments gang. Stay tuned to this local station for more exciting news (or maybe not:D)

Wow Robert, you have been swinging. Appears as if that elbow is alright now.
Some fine work, appreciate you sharing,
Jim

Yeah man. You have been busy. Nice stuff, is that brown canvas micarta on a lot of those? I have a bit of that to use up, too. I met a guy on Maui with a couple of slabs of it roughly 4" x maybe 36" x 72". He just hacked blocks off of it bit by bit, gave me a piece that was small for him I guess. (Maybe 20 knives' worth!)

Yeah man. You have been busy. Nice stuff, is that brown canvas micarta on a lot of those? I have a bit of that to use up, too. I met a guy on Maui with a couple of slabs of it roughly 4" x maybe 36" x 72". He just hacked blocks off of it bit by bit, gave me a piece that was small for him I guess. (Maybe 20 knives' worth!)

Yes, that is some OLD brown canvas micarta. I have a piece that is still about 2 1/2 feet wide by about 3 1/2 feet long. The stuff is 2 inches thick. I know for a fact that it is at least 25 years old.

I like that 2nd knife down in the middle!!! :)
Hey Brian, you mean the one with the "BLGoode" hardening line?:D

I am proud to know a fellow that can make knives like that! Give's me something to aspire to...

hey buddy, don't use up all those belt clips before I can weasle some out of ya! You goin' to hotlanta end of the month? I need to bring you some of this figured Mohinga, it looks pretty good on a knife, and I got LOTS of it...

I HT my first 440C blade last night....blew my oven up....

Back