Yup, it's lost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbrasmodeler

Gold Member
Update: 2/25/2011: I FOUND IT!

So, back in October, if I recall correctly, I orderd and recieved my first, real traditional slip-joint knife, a Queen Canoe D2 in birdseye maple. Just like most others here, i was underwhelmed with the factory edge, but a few minutes with a belt sander and a strop and it was perfect. I loved it. The birdseye maple is a beautiful wood. Fit and finish were very good, although not perfect. The D2 really impressed me. This was my first and, so far, only experience with this steel, and wow, does it hold an edge!

Anyway, Thursday last, we had to come in early for work, to do inventory. I had my trusty canoe sitting in my watch pocket, ready for duty, or so I thought. Unfortunately, the first time I went to use it, it was gone. I had a backup, of course, a Byrd Raven that saw a lot of use that day. So, I figured the canoe must have dropped out of my pocket in the car, or maybe at home before I left. Not really worried yet. After work, I search my car, my wife's car, my house, front yard, bedroom, living room, garage, all weekend. No canoe.:(

Monday, I get to work, and search the warehouse, hallways, and my office, desk, chair, etc. No canoe. :(

So, I'm really bummed. I loved that knife. I could cut cardboard all day and not have to touch the edge.

My wife just rolls her eyes if i mention it.;) She doesn't understand the sickness. So, I have to come here for sympathy.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to buy another one when I can.:)

Last edited:
I feel your pain, I've lost a few over the years , but I've also found some of them too.

I once lost a knife and later found it on a high towel shelf that I must have placed it on before getting into the shower. Only problem was I found it four years later!

I feel your pain! Good luck, and I hope the house survives the search!!

Instead of searching everywhere just go to the last place you would ever look...after all you always find thing in the last place you look right?

Seriously...good luck...losing a favored knife just flat sucks...

Get in the backseat of your car and look under the driver's seat, between the seat frame and center console if there is one. Use a flashlight and look real good. 14% chance you will find it there, even if you have already looked.

:thumbup:

do'nt feel so bad, i left a b.m. osborne on rear bumper of truck after cutting ice bags open. after 70 miles later knew it was no use going back to grocery store.

Some thirty years ago I had a Buck trapper stolen. I had both blades razor sharp. I still miss it.

i would check in places you would never think it could be. that has happened to me. and eventually my stuff turns up. good luck.

There is a 91% chance that you will find it in the last place you look. I say check there first.

Keep looking. Whenever I lose something, I'll always just keep checking all the places I can think of, multiple times. It makes no sense really, but I can't tell you (and hardly believe myself) how many times I'll find it the 3rd, 4th, etc. time around, usually right there plain as day. It's almost unbelievable at times how I could have missed it. Almost makes me believe in gremlins.

I was recently in your position. I perfectly understand. I luckily found mine again. I hope you do yours as well.

Good luck finding it. They are nice knives. The last one I found was under my bed. It must of fell out of my pants and got kicked under there.

I will not quit looking, but I really think this one is gone. I am almost positive that it was in my watch pocket that morning, but when I went to use it, it was not there. I am fairly certain it fell out at work, with me up and down counting merchandise. I hate to think that one of the guys I work with would have picked it up, but who knows.

Who knows, though. It may be in a sock, right Waynorth? Or it could still be in my car, and could turn up. Thanks for all the ideas, folks.

I've lost a few folders and it does feel a bit like loosing an old friend. i think most who frequent these forums understand this.
i lost a Schrade 34OT in the garden at least 10 years ago. i know the spot where i "think" it dropped out of a pocket with a newly developed hole.
I still look carefully in that area every Spring when i dig the garden.
I agree with the car suggestion. I have an '05 Forerunner and it's amazing how it can hide smaller objects between the front seats and center console.
i have found things there after re-checking thoroughly with a light 3-4x.
roland

So, back in October, if I recall correctly, I orderd and recieved my first, real traditional slip-joint knife, a Queen Canoe D2 in birdseye maple. Just like most others here, i was underwhelmed with the factory edge, but a few minutes with a belt sander and a strop and it was perfect. I loved it. The birdseye maple is a beautiful wood. Fit and finish were very good, although not perfect. The D2 really impressed me. This was my first and, so far, only experience with this steel, and wow, does it hold an edge!

Anyway, Thursday last, we had to come in early for work, to do inventory. I had my trusty canoe sitting in my watch pocket, ready for duty, or so I thought. Unfortunately, the first time I went to use it, it was gone. I had a backup, of course, a Byrd Raven that saw a lot of use that day. So, I figured the canoe must have dropped out of my pocket in the car, or maybe at home before I left. Not really worried yet. After work, I search my car, my wife's car, my house, front yard, bedroom, living room, garage, all weekend. No canoe.:(

Monday, I get to wok, and search the warehouse, hallways, and my office, desk, chair, etc. No canoe. :(

So, I'm really bummed. I loved that knife. I could cut cardboard all day and not have to touch the edge.

My wife just rolls her eyes if i mention it.;) She doesn't understand the sickness. So, I have to come here for sympathy.

Oh well. Guess I'll have to buy another one when I can.:)

It sucks to be you! How did you like the birdseye? I've seen it on the internet but the pictures always look a little off in color. Post a pic of it if you have some. We can help look for it. :D Well, maybe it will come up somewhere.....Better days ahead!

If it was in your watch pocket I'd think the most likely place to lose it was in the bathroom or bedroom. Hard for it to fall out with your pants on in that pocket. The other option which funnily happened to me just recently was that I hadn't put my knife in my pocket at all, found it in my users box safe and sound. Duh! :D Hope you find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back