Yvsa, aren't you glad you don't live in Canada?

nease.jpg

Yep Jmings I am, but for several reasons with one of the first being I absolutely wouldn't/couldn't stand the winters.;)
And secondly my brother scared me so bad with his ravings about snow snakes when I was young that I am permanently scarred for life and deathly afraid of snow and the resulting snow snakes.:eek: :(
When my brother first told me how deadly they are and that they don't bite but crawl up your butt and freeze you to death I went into such a fit that the old man almost immediately packed us up and moved us to Florida, first and last time he ever did anything meaningful for me.:grumpy:
And I discovered later that it really wasn't for me that he moved us away from the threat of snow snakes but himself.
Come to find out the old man overheard my brother telling me about the snow snakes and it scared the old man as much as it did me or maybe even worse.
The old man always loved the mountains as did I but after hearing about the snow snakes and leaving Montana he never again returned to the North Country.;)

tax break? what tax break? i'll take some of that.

our gummie mint has been running a damn profit for a while now!

There actually are snow snakes you know ! Some natives make 3 or four foot flat wood spears that they throw along ice patches to see who can make them slide the farthest . As far as freezing your butt off ? Come up to Quebec city for the ice carnival . -20 degrees and its near the river . These boys will canoe race over around and through the ice flows . They drink something called caribou which is a mix of red wine and some kind of alcohol.I drank some and I started seeing snakes ! L:O:L . I didn,t mind the cold though . I like warm weather . I couldn,t live without the cold though . It just does something to the blood to be roving and foraging in the cold .

Edusi, call me Jerry :)

Temporarly for the purposes of the story, I'll spell things that sound like 2 as "tu".
Where I was born, Trona, California (near Death Valley) they said it had tu seasons -
Tu hot.
Tu cold and
tu windy,

I was told that there was a rattlesnake curled up under my crib, but I do remember playing with "horny toads".

Anyway, I had passed through Canada with my first mistake ... er wife and was absolutly charmed by London and the only reason I didn't move there was my draft board kept giving me undeserved deferments.:rolleyes:

Back