Yvsa's computer.

Yvsa called and asked me to post for him. His computer is down for awhile and will need a complete overhaul. :(
Hopefully he can get it fixed soon.
God Bless.
Terry

Ditto what Mr.BadExample said. I've got a fair number or spare parts sitting around here.

Ferrous Wheel said:
don;t go down ;)

Keith
You Most Certainly have that right Keith!!!!:D

I'm back, sort of, you might say. My C:// drive is down, or at least my computer won't let me access it, ie, won't let me save anything to my favorite's file etc.
Looks like more work ahead for my nephew and nieceling.:( Only with their help have we managed to get this far. Still a lot of things that we have questions about but at least I'm back online, albeit maybe for just a while but we'll see.

Yvsa, if it turns out that you need a new C drive, let me know. I've got one that I've been trying to get rid of, and you would be more than welcome to it.

Roadrunner said:
Yvsa, if it turns out that you need a new C drive, let me know. I've got one that I've been trying to get rid of, and you would be more than welcome to it.
Thanks RR! If you don't mind would you send me your phone number by email? My address is yvsa@NoSpamsbcglobal.net
and of course you remove the "NoSpam" in order for it too be functional.
If I should happen to need it and my computer goes down again at least I'll be able to phone you.

Roadrunner said:
E-mail sent. :cool:
Many Thanks RR!
I tried to answer your email from Yahoo but I don't think it went out, seems that maybe I can receive mail but not send.:grumpy:

Gonna make this quick as possible before I get kicked off by whatever's still going wrong with my computer, never know how long I'll be here. Looks like I'm gonna have to wind up wiping my C drive!:(

Yvsa,
Sounds like a classic case of Windows "unravelling" to me. Happens regularly, in my experience. I suggest that when you reformat C: that you run Norton Wipe Info (or similar ) to get rid of any stray data bits, then install Windows fresh from original OS disks. That usually works, unless there is a physical problem with the hard disk. Norton Disk Doctor will find that.

Back