z-burner vs. sidearm burner

I'm in the beginning stages of building a gas forge and I thought I had my mind set on a side burner design after reading up on them some more, but have I've been looking at the z-burner lately. It looks like Larry's shop is closed for now so since I can't buy one to look at and reproduce myself, would anyone mind posting some pictures of the insides if they have one? It looks to me that the z-burner is basically a sidearm burner build with a 1 1/4" "Y" fitting with an adapter fitting to connect to a 3/4" pipe is that right? You can PM me too if you like, Thanks.

I made one of each. Ended up using the sidearm for my buddy's 9"x13" forge. We were easily hitting 2,000 degrees with 7 PSI and a .035 mig torch tip.

The "wye" fittings are called parallel fittings. With a parallel you need a longer 1/8" nipple to get the Venturi to pull properly.

Pretty much just as you said. There are a ton of tutorials on building these on the web. Think there are a few in this forum as well. From reading and looking at different burners the only one I have scene that has a bunch of various little machined changes to increase efficiency is the T-rex burners. Most of the others are all pretty much the same design.

Back