Z-Tuff Heat treat needed

Hi everyone.
I have a rush order I need to finish in a 2 week time frame. I'll be blasting through the grinds tonight.

The blade is about 22 inches long and needs to be 59HRC.
Normally I use PHT, but due to the order and my moving of shop, it wouldnt be done in time.

Does anyone know of any makers who can help me out? All I need is a relatively fast turnaround time, and a kickass heat treat.

I checked out byington blades, but they are pretty pricey. Basically $125 for this single blade.

I have a good friend that might be able to help out - Dylan from Schenk Knives. I can send him a DM and get you guys in touch.

Hi everyone.
I have a rush order I need to finish in a 2 week time frame. I'll be blasting through the grinds tonight.

The blade is about 22 inches long and needs to be 59HRC.
Normally I use PHT, but due to the order and my moving of shop, it wouldnt be done in time.

Does anyone know of any makers who can help me out? All I need is a relatively fast turnaround time, and a kickass heat treat.

I checked out byington blades, but they are pretty pricey. Basically $125 for this single blade.

I’d do it but cross border shipping blows your timeline.

I just looked at their prices and wow. But I can’t say I’m surprised if thy are running big ovens in batches, 1 or 100 it takes the same big oven to do. And at 22” that’s a good sized blade.

You are cutting it close it could be 2 weeks just in postal turn around time.

Back