Z-Wear Shaman and Native Chief (Rex 45, S90v, ...)

sharp_edge

Gold Member
Is there a slight chance that these knives will be available as Thanksgiving or Xmas gifts? I don't recall I have ever waited for anything this long...

giphy.gif

I am another one waiting for these folders. Sal wrote not so long ago that we should see the shaman by the end of this year, but then he added that it is not sure due to covid19.

I was hoping, the Native Chief would be released for Halloween, due to it's color, but now I would be also happy with a 2020 release.

My Native Chief arrived and I am impressed. It actually feels “smaller” than I imagined. It’s quite sleek for the size of the blade. The jury is still out but I think the shaman feels slightly better in hand, but the chief will probably carry better in my work slacks. The s90v with carbon fiber is definitely a classy combo.

B2EEE842-E807-40E5-AF71-D400B62D2993.jpeg CE09BDA5-28C4-4000-AB6B-AC10236B21F5.jpeg 1EEA05D7-41D2-4141-A2C0-4876113BE493.jpeg 90DC5D98-3602-431C-BFA9-C9D5498C8B67.jpeg

I'll probably regret walking away from this Native Chief. But my s90v CF/TI Military sits in the safe unused. Maybe I should sell it and get this NC.

Has anyone experienced vertical blade play with NC if pressing the tip of the blade on a hard surface?

I'll probably regret walking away from this Native Chief. But my s90v CF/TI Military sits in the safe unused. Maybe I should sell it and get this NC.

Has anyone experienced vertical blade play with NC if pressing the tip of the blade on a hard surface?

I handled one today and it had very pronounced horizontal play, but not vertical. The blade tip was also very off center. I had to leave it in the shop. Disappointing, but c'est la vie.

I handled one today and it had very pronounced horizontal play, but not vertical. The blade tip was also very off center. I had to leave it in the shop. Disappointing, but c'est la vie.

Sounds some pivot adjustment shall take care of the business. I am more concerned with up and down blade play than side to side. But thanks for sharing.

I just checked mine with on a wood cutting board, Leveraging the tip considerably more then I would normally cut something with. No uprise of the lockbar and no vertical/horizontal play when checking blade in hand!

My CF sprint is solid as well. No vertical and no horizontal play. Very solid.

CD8E240F-2325-420B-93CA-E682403E6E31.jpeg Just took my s90v out of the mailbox. It’s got a pretty good ding on the blade from I’m assuming was the backspacer. Not necessarily how you want it to come out of the box.
I bought it to experience s90v so I guess I’ll sharpen it and start my experience earlier than expected lol. 85CF0395-AF1B-4B74-8D19-10E86F757DCC.jpeg

Back