ZDP-189 Delica: Real world testing results?

Sal has said that one of the reasons he decided to make the ZDP-189 Delica (and Endura) regular production is to get this steel into the hands of more users for real world testing.

So, what have you done with your ZDP D4s, and how are they holding up?

Tom

I have been carrying mine daily until yesterday is a custom neck sheath. I have used it for general edc chores and its holds up very well stays sharp and has not seemed prone to rust. Im picking up a zdp endura when I get home. And the only reason I took the zdp delica out of the neck sheath is I wanted to stop carrying a pe and se endura so I put a se delica in the meck sheath and a pe para millitary in my pocket. Overall its a hell of a knife and I would like to get a se one.

Been carrying my SE ZDP-189 BRG Delica since NGK got them in. It is my primary work EDC and beater knife. The only issue I have had is 2 small chips in the edge from cutting the plastic packing straps that come on medical supplies.

Mine is holding up great. No chips or other problems. It hasn't needed sharpening yet, though to be honest ZDP lasts a long time between sharpening with SE edges too. I'll keep on carrying it ( with PE) endura untill it needs sharpening, whenever that is. Joe

Back