ZDP-189 project?

Any project in the works to use the newest "super steel"? I'd like to see a lockback Para-military myself.

I just purchased a couple of Benchmade "Ritter Grips" but am still looking for the right Spyderco. A lockback Para-military with a little more utilitarian blade (yep, like the Ritter Grip) would be ideal. I do really like the Spidey Hole, but don't care for the compression lock. The Manix was nice, but a little too large for me.

Sal has said that a dark blue FRN handled Delica, and a burgundy FRN handled Calypso Jr., both in ZDP-189 will be available later this year. Believe May-June are are the target dates respectively.

Might want to take a close look at the Stretch, it won't win any beauty contests, but I packs more blade into less handle than the Para, feels great in the hand, and cuts like a laser and can be configured for any carry preference.

oh yes, i see it now......i want an "ATR-2" with a 3.8" ZDP189-blade and an integral framelock, spear-point, tip-down clip. if only............. :(

Back