Zen and junk knives...

I remember doing a past review last summer on a copule of cheapies.

I was impressed with two of them, but rather dissapointed in the last one.

They were a Survivor Cute (like the CRKT KISS but different locking mechanism, and different blade shape (like a reverse tanto)) The survivor Hawkier (like a two inched neck knife (really not that good for cutting with) and the Sharp Eagle "titanium coated" whatever. It was a neat little button lock that was outcut by the "Cute" But sharpened up even faster and a whole lot sharper.

Mr Cook you are my hero.I have a little bastard that lives next door to me who is going down.Thanks

------------------

have a"knife"day

Several years ago I was invited to spend the night at the home of a family I met in a Middleeastern country. They were quite poor by our standards, but it would have been in appropriate to have offered any money to my host. The next morning, before leaving, I gave him an inexpensive folding kinfe I happened to have in my pack. He was more than delighted - I had made a friend for life! Since then, I have always made it a point to carry a few similar blades while traveling. It seems there would always be times when I have been greatful to people I meet along the way - folks who have helped me or extended their hosptiality - and the small gift of a knive, even an iexpensive one, was valued far beyone its monetary cost. So, consider packing a few next time you travel. Or give them to your friends who might be visitng some of the poorer parts of the world.

Back