Zeph's blade

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

ilmarinen - MODERATOR
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here it is so far.Zephen hated to go home tonight.As he was leaving,I told him I would finish the metal work and glue on the handle slabs,and next weekend we could finish his knife.He looked at me kind of strange,and said,"You mean I can keep the knife when we are done?" Up till then,I guess he never quite realized that we were making HIS knife.

Cool Beans Stacy, this will be a treasured knife for a long time, be it used or not, I bet it will be throught of very proudly and fondly for years to come.
Priceless. :cool:

Bill

Wish my nephews would come down and make themselves a knife! Guess they're too caught up in it to take the time.
Bill told the truth on this one for sure!!!

For some reason I get allot of joy when the younger kids come around and take interest in making a knife..I bet you and Zeph had a great time working on this together.Looks really great.Bet he will always treasure this special knife.
Bruce

I can't say it any better that my compatriots have, that is cool all over. I wish I could've seen Zeph's face when he realized that is going to be his knife. :D Did you guys taper the tang?

Do you supose he'll use it or start a great collection with that? Seems like you said this would start or add to his collection, now that I think about it. Wish I had one of those!

My four year old granddaughter loves to come into my shop and "make knives" with steel blue and a scratch pad. As soon as she paints something that actually looks like a knife I'm going to put it aside until she's old enough to start grinding. We always joke about Ashleigh and Grandpa making knives, I hope it comes to pass some day. :) So I have a bit of envy for you working with your nephew. Very cool Stacy.

Back