Zero Tolerance 0550 Loctite Problem?

So recently I tried to disassemble my Zero Tolerance 0550. Now, I have the right torx bit (T-8) and everything, but was only able to get three body screws unscrewed on the Ti side. It seems that ZT uses way too much Loctite on their screws, and when I tried to unscrew the pivot, it would only budge a little. I was also not able to unscrew any one of the body screws on the G10 side or even get them to move. Here is a video demonstrating what happens now:
[video=youtube;kYLRMp9Ehgg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYLRMp9Ehgg[/video]

Is this supposed to happen? I would assume not.
Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

ive run into this a few times actually, so far ive had one that wouldnt come apart, not my 550, but it has happened. Usually i either use an electric impact or a 1/4 ratchet with socket, and if all else fails, use a soldering iron on the pivot bolt to liquify the loctite.

ive run into this a few times actually, so far ive had one that wouldnt come apart, not my 550, but it has happened. Usually i either use an electric impact or a 1/4 ratchet with socket, and if all else fails, use a soldering iron on the pivot bolt to liquify the loctite.

Alright, thanks. I didn't want to accidentally strip the screws but I will try these suggestions.

Had a similar problem with a Leek and E.T. I found opening the blade and engaging the lock (in the case of the Leek) put enough pressure on the pivot that it wouldn't turn, so I was able to unscrew it.

Yep. My 0550 had loctite that would not budge. Had to soak the knife in hot water to get it loose. Didn't use the wives hair dryer that time but it works well also.

Normally I can break loose blue loctite like it wasn't there. That 0550 no way without heating it up.

Back