Zero Tolerance: 0550 vs 0620

Hey all

Been ages since I've been on the forums. Lots of new knives been launched while I've taken a couple of years away from the knife interest.

I've seen the ZT0620 and it looks like an interesting knife.

How does it compare to the 550?

Reason I ask is, that I already own the 550 and I don't care much for it. I found the 550 heavy and blocky. The back of the handle digs into the palm when putting your weight on it while cutting. The detent is nonexistent and the finish was below what I expected for a knife at that price point. It's literally been sitting in my drawer gathering dust.

What's the 0620 like compared to the 0550? I like the wave, tanto blade and thumb disc, but if it carries and weighs the same as the 0550, then ill probably pass. I'd also like it to have better ergonomics.

Let me know what you think.

Comparison pics with other common knives would be appreciated.

I see the date of your post so most likely you've made your decision already.

Ive own both, so this is my take on the two knife :
Above average fits and finishes for its price (surprised you don't think so, I've handle a hinderer and the ff and general feel is similar , build like a tank, very strong detent ( if yours are weak and the blade came out with a very slight downward force, check for missing detent ball, it happened to mine), i agreed on the thick and blocky design that can cause hot spot on the lock side. In general a heavy duty folder that'll last a very long time.
Similar weight to 0550, but better ergonomic with thinner and longer handle,more rounded edge on the lock side, very comfortable to hold especially with the large finger choil. Never had a problem with the weight, with the slim profile, it actually feel more compact than the 0550.Wave works great, make a distinctive thunk when deployed. DLC coating holds up well. Emerson design with better material, fits and finishes.
Alternatives to consider:
ZT 0620CF, 0630 and 0562 (slicer grind give more utility options)

My 2 cents

I had the 0550 and didn't care to carry it. I bought a used 0620cf and really like the feel and looks of it. What really impressed me with it was that when I pull it out of my pocket it was open and ready to go, that is a great feature in my opinion.

Back