Zero Tolerance 3 blade Set Value?

I have a Zero Tolerance three knife set (BM,SH and NO) all with Kydex that I have owned for a couple of years,they are unused but have some scratches from inserting the blades into the sheaths,

Can anyone tell me the value of these knives and do the marks affect the value much?,

as I live in the UK there are not too many Busses about over here especially the ZT,s so any help from you guys would be appreciated.

cheers
Keith.

Welcome to the Busse combat section of Bladeforums!! Nice set you have there! I had to collect my set one piece at a time. There is a ZTSJ(Satin Jack) which is the rarest of the ZT's to make your set complete. As far as the value of your set of three, I'm not too sure?

To me the price would somewhat depend upon the condition of your ZT set (Kydex marks and, more importantly, the grinds). The ZT's were originally marketed as a bargain Busse, originating when some blanks were mistakenly ground to 3/16" width. As such, they did not exhibit the finest of grinds and finish. I have the letter from Busse Combat that was mailed with the knives, explaining this (thanks, DN).

However, over time, some really fine ZT's came to be made, perfect grinds and finish. For instance, I have two ZT Steel Hearts, one "car knife" and one safe queen. The difference in grinds and finish is striking. One of my first goals when I began to get serious about collecting Busses was to aquire a set of perfect ZT's (perfect grinds, perfect finish, the word Kydex never spoken in their presence). I now have everything but the ZT Satin Jack. The last 30 ZTNO's made are noted for their perfect grinds, but so far, of the ones I have, the most difficult perfect ZT to find was the Steel Heart. Their true value to me right now is much more than what I could sell them for.

Only you can say what their value is to you. But the market price to move them as a set, (going only by what I would pay if I didn't have one) should run from $950 to $1200 or more for the knives, depending on condition, plus a reasonable adder for the sheaths. This is without the Satin Jack, of course.

Seems like a very similar E-handle set just sold on eBay. Check out their complete auctions with the keyword "Busse."

Stabber,thanks for the welcome! yes they are a great set,they each have a Kydex with Tek-lok and the BM also has the cordura sheath.

Mike, the grinds seem ok although I have no other Busses to compare with,the value of the knives I traded for these a couple of years ago would be around the $1000 to $1200 region,and your right about the Kydex it has marked what are essentially new blades !

Guyon, I can,t find those on Ebay but will have a better look asap.

cheers.
Keith.

Kato,

Not sure if Guyon is referring to the Desert set I just bought on ebay.:D
Item #6608995461
This might give you some idea as to value. Remember that this was a numbered set in as new/unused condition with zero marks.:eek:

Mulder
tollers@pshift.com

Back