Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

I haven’t been in the blade game for too long but I’ve been in long enough to recognize, respect, and appreciate ZT knives for a while. In my experience and opinion, I feel that ZT is somewhat of a niche within KAI’s large manufacturing chain. I feel like they’re somewhat of a niche within the knife collecting community (obviously very popular but without a ton of models like other companies). My pessimistic and paranoid prediction is that they will fade out because I’m sure they’re making enough money off kershaw especially with kershaw’s endless models, most of them being affordable in general and more of them not being made in the states. ZT, to me, had always been their own class. To me, they’re almost always, heavy duty (various of size and weight) flippers. For better or worse, there are so many companies offering endless variations of knives. With so many offerings available, it must be hard for a brand that is essentially an “elite” or at least different yet similar version of its own company (kershaw) to compete with other brands, especially with a somewhat limited selection of knives. This was a long rant but man do I love ZT and hope to see some more “overbuilt” classics like my personal fav, the 0456
No - ZT to the knife folks is not what you think. So indeed you've been out of the knife hobby for too long. If you still don't get it, ZT is not of a niche. ZT has been THE iconic production titanium framelock folders of the USA.

Well, I said that I was relatively new to the hobby, but I guess I just don’t get it then! To me, titanium frame lock folders, are a niche. Just like traditional folders, automatic knives, fixed blades etc. They all have their place in the knife world. But I appreciate you correcting my opinion sir

I started collecting knives around 2016-2017, when they were at their best. Back then it was a rare thing for a knife to have a detent and action like the ZTs did. People would compare other knives to them and to hear a knife had “action like a ZT” was/is a real compliment.
I’m not really sure how they are going to be able to stay current, but last time Whitty from USA made blade chimed in on this same topic, he said the ZTs were selling as good as ever at his company…so it could be that us folks on the forum are the minority, and most of the knife world is happy with what they are doing…?
Knife knuts like us just want to see the cool stuff, we don’t care what sells, as long as they stay in business lol

Yeah I forgot they raised the price on all the ZTs :-/ still, they look identical, same ole 20CV/TI ( & no CF for $11 more), I’ll take the one made in my country 🇺🇸😉
(This is an S35VN version, good enough for me!)
View attachment 2141754
the WE merata has completely different ergos in hand where the zt feels like its an overcurved persian style (which is why i sold mine) the WE is less curvy and more edc friendly its amazing 9in hand and IMO better overall..
PS ZT didnt "invent" that style its called a persian or "upswept" for a reason because it was invented like the 1500's
also bastinelli and emerson and Brous blades have "copied" (not really) that style
The Persian shape is used most often for skinning and butchering, but it was originally designed to penetrate chain mail and other armor. Originated in Iran and spread through Central Asia in the 1500s.
also not liking a knife because its not "made in the USA" makes you sound like you are uneducated on knife companies and their qualities.. WE knives top of the line series are arguable BETTER than the last few years of ZT's "gas station" stylings
there are literally 100's of persian style blades if anything ZT copied all the persians that came before it
and again LOL at the "i only buy american" nonsense

chopper-bastinelli-creations.jpg
bparallaxasw_1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I just got a WE Merata - it rocks.
it really is amazing and feels completely different than the ZT in hand .. the ZT was too extreme in its blade/handle geometry and the WE just nailed it perfect!!

I think I’ma order another Merata. I want the black/black next. The tiger stripe I have looks / feels really good too though.

the WE merata has completely different ergos in hand where the zt feels like its an overcurved persian style (which is why i sold mine) the WE is less curvy and more edc friendly its amazing 9in hand and IMO better overall..
PS ZT didnt "invent" that style
I never claimed they did.
its called a persian or "upswept" for a reason because it was invented like the 1500's
also bastinelli and emerson and Brous blades have "copied" (not really) that style
The Persian shape is used most often for skinning and butchering, but it was originally designed to penetrate chain mail and other armor. Originated in Iran and spread through Central Asia in the 1500s.
also not liking a knife because its not "made in the USA"
Never said that either, I just bought a Socom Bravo. I don’t like WE’s in general. I had a Practic, it just felt really cheap, that’s the only way I can explain it. If they were still going for $150, I’d probably try another WE, but NOT if I can buy a Microtech, or a ZT, or even a Hinderer for a little more $$$. Once you’re at that price I feel like what’s another $50 or so to get something I really want, something solid????.Also, I have a preference for knives in the 5-6oz range, WE doesn’t offer many heavy knives to my knowledge.
makes you sound like you are uneducated on knife companies and their qualities..
Yes I just started buying knives yesterday.
PS… don’t confuse consistency with quality.
WE knives top of the line series are arguable BETTER than the last few years of ZT's "gas station" stylings
That’s your opinion, Let me know when they come out with something new that isn’t $100 overpriced. (Because that is my opinion.) oh and hey I’m pretty sure the top of the line stuff is like $600+….
I’ll take a new battle black Eklipse Bowie, jacked up an extra $150 on the secondary over that any day
there are literally 100's of persian style blades if anything ZT copied all the persians that came before it
and again LOL at the "i only buy american" nonsense

chopper-bastinelli-creations.jpg
bparallaxasw_1.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
Lol none of these look like the WE, or the 0462. I don’t “only buy American”, I have knives from China (most from US companies, except for a couple $50 thing-a-ma-jigs), Russia, Taiwan, and Japan.

* The Brous Sniper would’ve been a closer example btw 😉

Last edited:
Glad I finally found this thread. I love ZT's. I'd like to find a 0452Ti. I recently replaced my old 0566 CF (that I sold) with a 0566 G10 I finally found... I'm not crazy about the 0566 assist, but the size is fantastic on an 0566. I find it real nice to use and balanced similar to a 0456BW. Still carry the 0452CF and 0562Ti the most. 0562Ti is probably the best one that's still easy to get.

Back