Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

I'm trying to get all variations of the 550/1. Still need the 550BW, 550 gen2, and the 550 with Elmax. The last one is going to be a little tough.

Ditto.

I actually have the elusive 0550 Elmax (only 113 were made).

I've been waiting on a discount for the 0550BW knowing that it'll be several months before that happens.

1. 0550 (Gen 1)
  2. 0550 (Gen 2)
  3. 0550 (Elmax)
  4. 0550BLK
  5. 0550BW
  6. 0551

Renamed thread and updated post #1. Feel free to post corrections.

Have to say this is a great idea for an informational thread. There are so many different models that I have trouble keeping them straight and not every dealer has every model in stock.

I figure I should chime in to say that, for anyone who is is in the market for a cool fixed blade, the 0160 Shifter is definitely worth checking out. I bought one for myself and liked it so much that I bought the wife one as well. I intend to buy a 0180 when they are available, but they're quite different animals to my eyes.

Ditto.

I actually have the elusive 0550 Elmax (only 113 were made).

I've been waiting on a discount for the 0550BW knowing that it'll be several months before that happens.

1. 0550 (Gen 1)
  2. 0550 (Gen 2)
  3. 0550 (Elmax)
  4. 0550BLK
  5. 0550BW
  6. 0551

I feel stupid...I ran into a BNIB 550 Elmax at a gun & knife show, had no idea it was so limited!

Love me my discontinued EDC trio!

WP_001186_zps502e6b8f.jpg

The 562CF is calling my name. Maybe next year!

Updated Current, Discontinued and Upcoming lists in post #1.

Updated Post #1 for the Upcoming Models. Listed in the upcoming model list does not mean it'll show up and I'm sure there'll be others not on the list that will magically show up.

Updated lists in Post #1.

From Upcoming to Current: 0566BW, 0566CF & 0350SWCF.

Looks like it won't be long before we see 0801BW and 0801BW (Minuteman MM01K).

I keep getting this close to pulling the trigger on both the 0350 and/or 0566, the thing that stops me each time is that I wonder if they are too big/heavy for me to carry around routinely and I don't want them to end up sitting in a drawer. I have a real aversion to "collecting" stuff, I buy things to use them.

I keep getting this close to pulling the trigger on both the 0350 and/or 0566, the thing that stops me each time is that I wonder if they are too big/heavy for me to carry around routinely and I don't want them to end up sitting in a drawer. I have a real aversion to "collecting" stuff, I buy things to use them.

What do you normally carry? I've never owned an 0350 but I've owned and loved an 0566. Definitely has some heft to it, but the weight was never an issue for me.

As far as size, I think my 0566 was just about perfect for edc. Had to sell it when times were tough, but I have been looking into buying another one. Maybe even a blackwash version.

Speaking of a ZT you might want to grab... The 0801BRWCF is available on House of Blades right this very moment.

Correct. Thanks.

Were there just two ZT automatic folders: 0610ST and 0650ST (both partially serrated only - no plain edge)?

As far as I know, those were the only two, and they were only partially serrated. I have the 0650ST and I've never seen a plain one, but then again, I've never seen many of them at all. From what I've seen the 0610ST looks like an automatic version of a 0200. The 0650 is a G&G Hawk design, from what I remember.

As far as I know, those were the only two, and they were only partially serrated. I have the 0650ST and I've never seen a plain one, but then again, I've never seen many of them at all. From what I've seen the 0610ST looks like an automatic version of a 0200. The 0650 is a G&G Hawk design, from what I remember.

I'm pretty sure you're correct in all that you said. Thanks. Discontinued list updated.

What do you normally carry? I've never owned an 0350 but I've owned and loved an 0566. Definitely has some heft to it, but the weight was never an issue for me.

As far as size, I think my 0566 was just about perfect for edc. Had to sell it when times were tough, but I have been looking into buying another one. Maybe even a blackwash version.

A variety of knives, but lately mostly the S30V Blur. The thing is that I typically dress business casual (except when I'm going to court, but that's pretty rare and irrelevant since it's a a no go zone obviously). My Kershaw Emerson CQC6 I bought last week gets a fair amount of time lately also. When I'm just in the office (I'm an attorney) I typically wear a polo shirt and either casual khaki style pants or jeans, especially in the summer...I really like the look and feel of both ZT models, but they are both very big and heavy so that's why I'm so on the fence. I think if I do make the move on either it will almost certainly be a Blackwash model, I wish they made a BW 0566 with the FDE G10 scale.

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying, John. The S30V Blur is one of my favorites, as well.

If it helps put things into perspective, the weight of the 0566 is listed as 5.3 oz, while the CQC-6K is listed as 5.0 oz. I doubt you'll feel a difference between those two. Both are stainless steel framelocks, but the quality of the 0566 is far beyond the made in China line. Plus the deep carry clip really buries it in slacks, jeans, shorts, whatever.

In regards to an 0566BW with a FDE scale, man I would love to see that combo! :thumbup:

Man, speaking of, I'm itching to try the new Zt 350swcf. Can anyone confirm the weight is in the 3oz range?

Back