Zero Tolerance Liner Lock Closures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a variety of different styles emphasize different techniques. Definitely wouldn't want to not be able to thrust, though.

The point is you want it to be over as quickly as possible—preferably disarm/disable the attacker and scram. You should never think any course of action is “prohibited” or frowned upon, because doing the unexpected is what will get you out alive. I shouldn’t have even mentioned slashing vs. stabbing, because if a blade is all you have you have to be quick to survive. I don’t know if any ZT folder(or any other folder) is really the ideal choice, lock failure notwithstanding.

I for one have mentioned other brands as examples of well made liner/frame locks. That is fully in context. I didn’t mention other locks, as that would not be pertinent. Other people have mentioned other knives, en passant, with relation to the topic at hand. But you, DocJD, repeatedly post about the Triad lock, as if we don’t all know about it, on the most tenuous grounds. What you are seeing is a backlash, and this post is, respectfully, part of it.
I'll try to survive this awesome terrible emotional "backlash " due my sins of Tri-ad love . :rolleyes: Thanks for your concern !

What matters is how you do it. Personally, I explained why those tests don't matter to me, because I don't rely on locks, and gave some examples of why.

You started shilling for Cold Steel, shouting that they should just give up on all other brands, as the Triad Lock and Cold Steel are the end-all be-all.
Do you even understand what "shilling " means ? :confused:

I NEVER said anything about giving up other brands or being the best for everything . You can't fidget flipper them and they aren't very impressive bling jewelry . They are great working and emergency /SD knives but not fancy high end marvels of modern materials or close mechanical tolerances .

The aren't art knives or hand made customs . But they are a great value for the pure functionality , ergonomics and strength for hard use . :)

Do you even understand what "shilling " means ? :confused:

I NEVER said anything about giving up other brands or being the best for everything . You can't fidget flipper them and they aren't very impressive bling jewelry . They are great working and emergency /SD knives but not fancy high end marvels of modern materials or close mechanical tolerances .

The aren't art knives or hand made customs . But they are a great value for the pure functionality , ergonomics and strength for hard use . :)
Again, this thread is not about providing condescending opinions of knives one doesn't like. It is about discussing the topic of ZT lock failure. Please stop.

Do you have anything to add on your experience with your ZT knives?

Well, I’ll say this. I wouldn’t use any folder for SD, regardless of lock type. So, if SD application is a big reason why anyone is anti-framelock, I’m perfectly happy to say “OK”, just as I’d happily hand over a “win” to anyone citing aerodynamics of a thrown shoe as criteria for one being better than another.

t2mOiyOh.jpg

Again, this thread is not about providing condescending opinions of knives one doesn't like. It is about discussing the topic of ZT lock failure. Please stop.

Do you have anything to add on your experience with your ZT knives?
I will post exactly whatever seems good and right to ME . I will discuss whatever I like , unless otherwise directed by an actual moderator in authority .Please take your future critiques to the proper venue (W&C) !

Frame lock and liner locks can be made plenty strong enough for SD and some hard use . I just think it's harder to get them right .

Part of this is due to the current market demand or flipper fad where the emphasis is on perfect flipper action and not lock security / reliability . Just my impression , I'm not an engineer or designer of knives .

A really well built frame lock may have an advantage in an emergency survival environment , because they can be less prone to dirt and debris preventing lockup .

That's one vulnerability of the Tri-ad , that even a small ball of pocket lint can sometimes prevent complete lockup . Got to keep them clean .

I will post exactly whatever seems good and right to ME . I will discuss whatever I like , unless otherwise directed by an actual moderator in authority .Please take your future critiques to the proper venue (W&C) !
So what do you have to discuss on your ZT knives? Do you have lock failure on any of them? What have you done about the problems?

Be sure to activate the English subtitles to better understand , unless you " porusky yazek "!

So what do you have to discuss on your ZT knives? Do you have lock failure on any of them? What have you done about the problems?
Please review my post you quoted . Maybe a few hundred time to sink in ? ;):thumbsup:

Of course we all know filipinos are the only people ever to use knives for fighting.

I'm ~80% Irish from the Near South Side of Chicago. After learning what I could from a lil man dressed in all green abt the power of the shillelagh, I looked to the Filipinos for the soul of the blade. These two groups never let me down. Even the SEALs look to the Filipinos.

I'm the family outfitter. Tomorrow, I'm outfitting my bro who is a Chicago Cop with a 4 to 5 inch fixed blade and/or karambit. Looking at giving him one of the following:

- Emerson Fixed Karambit
- Gerber LMF II Infantry Fixed 4.84" Combo Blade, Black
- Spyderco Jumpmaster 2 Fixed 4.5" H1 Serrated
- Winkler Knives WK II, Winkler Belt Knife - Exclusive Special Edition CPM 3V - Sculpted Multi Cam G10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back