zinc oxide undercoat to the powder coat?

kind of an odd question. im now working at a blacksmith shop that does custom lighting fixtures, and all of our stuff gets powdercoated. after getting several fixtures back (this was a long long time ago) that were completely rusted out, the powder coat being almost completely negated by pier conditions and general salt water humid apmosphere, we switched to stainless sheat metal, and we started putting a zinc plating under the powder coat, as well as a a primer for the powdercoat.

the basic idea being that if the powder coat fails, the zinc plating should be sufficient to stay off massive corrosion at least another 10 years. we can get some weird colors from out powder coater (gold, weird greens etc)... im pretty sure we could even get pink if we asked them...

just wondering if anything like that was done with the busse powdercoat...

i have been told the virgin infi is just wiped clean with a solution of johnny blue and cbl. that carmelizes the metal and then the crinkle is added.

the exact mix hs been kept a secret, a secret even bigger than the coke recipe.

Peter: “Wait a second! You’re telling me I flew all the way to Kentucky to get some of your fried chicken, and the—and the Colonel isn’t even working today?!”
Cashier: “He ain’t away, he dead.”
Peter: “What?!”
Cashier: I say he dead.
Peter: [Pause] “Is Mr. Sanders in?”
Cashier: “What wrong with you? I say you he dead.”
Peter: [Longer pause] “The Colonel

idahoskunk said:
i have been told the virgin infi is just wiped clean with a solution of johnny blue and cbl. that carmelizes the metal and then the crinkle is added.

the exact mix hs been kept a secret, a secret even bigger than the coke recipe.

LOL Hahahahahahahahaha. . . That is funny. . . that is just so far fetched. . . This is just a rumor. . .don't be ridiculous. . . . . . . . . STEALTH MODE ON!!! Skunk! You've said too much! ! ! ! Remember the "Porkducci Code"??? (kinda like the Davinci Code, only completely different! :confused: ) . . . You know what you have to do. . . . Take the little white pill ! ! ! ! :eek: Take it NOW ! ! ! ! :mad: . . . STEALTH MODE OFF!!! . . . . . . . Nothing to see here. .. move along. . . . . :D

Bravado said:
Huh? What about the blue pill Jerry?:confused:

What blue pill ? ? ? There is no blue pill ! ! ! !

STEALTH MODE ON!!!First of all you can't ask me questions about anything I say in STEALTH MODE unless you're in STEALTH MODE. . . Check your decoder ring for details. . . Second of all, the last time Skunk took the "blue pill" they had to call in 3 SWAT Units and the Idaho National Guard to save Vicki. . . So, I thought the white pill would be a better choice. . . Why is my choice of pills always open for debate???. . . . Okay, okay, I did tell Contender to take the "Red Pill" and he disappeared for over a year, but that's the last time I screwed up. . . I think. . .I can't really remember back that far because I took the "Carling Black Label Pill" and you know how that kills off memory cells!!! :eek: STEALTH MODE OFF!!!

Just move along in an orderly manner. . .

"thats not a knife, this is a knife"
"no, thats a spoon"
"ah... i see you've played knifey spoony before"

*i was right, we could get pink - ala the red powder coat seen on this mineral mountain hatchet works knife :eek: :D *
redsword2.jpg

SethMurdoc said:
"thats not a knife, this is a knife"
"no, thats a spoon"
"ah... i see you've played knifey spoony before"

*i was right, we could get pink - ala the red powder coat seen on this mineral mountain hatchet works knife :eek: :D *
redsword2.jpg
where in the hell did you get spearhog's knife!!!!!! :eek: :confused: :confused:

SethMurdoc said:
Peter: “Wait a second! You’re telling me I flew all the way to Kentucky to get some of your fried chicken, and the—and the Colonel isn’t even working today?!”
Cashier: “He ain’t away, he dead.”
Peter: “What?!”
Cashier: I say he dead.
Peter: [Pause] “Is Mr. Sanders in?”
Cashier: “What wrong with you? I say you he dead.”
Peter: [Longer pause] “The Colonel

What movie is that from? Thats the only line I heard from it...but thats funny!!

the episode of family guy where lois is looking for some excitement in her life since stewie is in daycare. so she takes up a job as a stewardess, wich gives peter the ability to fly free on any flight since a family member works with the country. also the episode where stewey falls in love with the girl at daycare.

OH YEA, thats right! Great episode... kinda embarassed to say I'm a fan, but I am! Thanks :)

Sweet colors of powder coating!!!!!!!! :eek:

I just realized that it would be soooo cool to have AK-47 made with black and steel colored handle, and a bright red blade.

Yes, that would make a sweet Darth Vader lightsaber. Muusstt resist combining two hobbies into one. If the guys back at the station knew what I was buying next I would be the goat for the next month. :rolleyes:

Darkjedi

Back