Zombie Ready BOB & Belt Kit

Anyone else getting ready for the Zombies apocolypse? I know I am. I have my BOB right next to my back door, loaded with my gear, my KDH, MOAD, Basic-4 and several folders. I've been keeping my belt setup ready, as well, so I can grab it and go. It's a lot of knives, but we've all seen the walking dead - I don't want to get stuck like Shane did and lose my knife in a zombies skull. I've also been keeping my favorite users close by so that I can lend them to friends if need be. Yeah, I'm a little crazy, but aren't we all.

I'd love to see some other people's setups.

Pictures in a few, as I am about to leave the house for work.

ETA: I don't have pictures of my belt kit with me, but I do have pictures of the knives that I'm wearing when the zombies come.

BOB:
imagezzc_zps954ed448.jpg

I don't yet have a sheath for my KDH, but I have a cardboard setup that covers both ends and stays on well enough that I could carry it on my pack without fear for my safety.

Strong side (TG & Swamp Warden, MOAD):
teamgeminipiggyback1311.jpg

Weak side (this tiger warden is on its way to the spa and is a gift for my lady, so I will have to replace it with another cross drawn blade/sheath setup. I really want to get another GW and a similar sheath from Rainwalker):
imagezxxn.jpg

I have a duty belt made from more than 100' of paracord by drbarnes that I use for camping/survival training and would use in a real survival situation. My belt kit contains a pouch with supplies for fire starting, water purification, snaring, fishing, a flashlight, multitool, etc., and I also carry a FAK pouch.

It's a lot of fun to work on your BOB. I would also highly suggest a belt kit with the essentials in case you get separated from your bag for some reason. It's helpful when camping too, because you can leave your pack in your shelter and still have supplies on you.

If anyone is looking to start a BOB, contact me. I have a spreadsheet containing the essentials for both a BOB and a belt kit. I'd love for others to take a look at it and add to it, too. When I have the time, I will post my inventory.

Note: I don't really think the zombies are coming, but I have fun putting this stuff together and also, I'd rather be ready for natural disasters or other bug out situations than not be.

Last edited:
Very nice set up! If I was a zombie, I wouldn't want to run into you! :thumbup:

I not bugging out any where. I'm too old to run. I'll keep em busy for awhile for ya though.

For some reason the pics of your rifle aren't loading :D I am curious what you have packed, that is a relatively small bag, is your BOL stocked with everything else?

For some reason the pics of your rifle aren't loading :D I am curious what you have packed, that is a relatively small bag, is your BOL stocked with everything else?

I live in Boston, where I can't even "legally" own a crossbow. That won't stop me from getting one for Christmas though :D. I have no idea why I haven't bought one yet. To get a LTC in Boston, you'd have to have a ring around the Police Chief's daughter's hand.

It's actually a pretty big bag. It's the maxpedition Vulture II, which is their 72 hour pack. I think it's the biggest they make. I like it a lot, but have been considering getting another smaller bag.

I will take it apart and post pictures some day when I don't have to work all day and night.

You posted the same pic twice.

Fixed.

I wish that this blade and sheath were mine, haha. I love the leather x-loop on the sheath for its versatility. Also, it has kydex boning, making it more rigid, which is a cool feature. I love Rainwalker's work!

I'm going to get this sheath back someday, because I decided to order another sheath to go with my lady's tiger warden. I'm going to go all out and have Rainwalker design me something really special for her.

Last edited:
Oh, the zombies are coming all right, and they are driving a huge van!

"You kids be quiet back there.........Dad's trying to drive this thing, and my eyesight is not what it used to be!" "Were gonna stop and eat some unprepared hogs and take their INFI!"
IMAG0767.jpg

Little Zombie......still concerned about my eye...... He was especially frightened when I tried to bite him!

IMAG0768.jpg

Are we there yet? Where are the tasty Hogs?

IMAG0769.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures to show the size of my BOB. It has one very large main pocket, one medium sized with a few slots to put maps, pens, or a flashlight in, one smaller pocket on the outside, and a pocket for a water bladder on the back. On top of that, it has straps on the bottom that allow you to attach another bag, tent, et. al. I attach my modular bivvy setup when I go out. I wish that it had more organizational compartments or dividers. That is my one and only gripe with this pack. It is INCREDIBLY rugid, does well in the rain, has more than enough MOLLE, is comfortable enough (I carry 50 lbs in it on survival training trips without the straps getting too uncomfortable,) has ample room for everything I need, and has served its purposes well. I think Maxpedition makes some fantastic gear.

I took these yesterday on my lunch break. I would love to break it apart and take pictures, but it takes oh so long to put back together and I am working!
BOBSide_zps704b305f.jpg

BOBOn_zpsb73f0d3d.jpg

Sorry ladies, I am taken.
ObligatoryZombieDeathBussekinweapons_zpsbf0bbe66.jpg

I don't usually have boxes lying around my room, but obviously with Christmas, I have been getting a lot of packages.

Last edited:
No Busse yet but I got a BOB. Need to get another for the family at the house, tho they will be bugging in unless forced out by what ever natural or unnatural disaster. Nothing special to look at but got the basics covered. Food, shelter, fire, water. As a trucker I can't carry my guns. But big knives are OK!

Very nice set up! If I was a zombie, I wouldn't want to run into you! :thumbup:

Why not? It would be a pleasure to have you eat my face.. :p :D

Oh man, I just felt like Tom for a second. It was a dirty, dirty feeling. At least I'm half his age :p

Kidding, Kidding! You're the best, Pokey.

No Busse yet but I got a BOB. Need to get another for the family at the house, tho they will be bugging in unless forced out by what ever natural or unnatural disaster. Nothing special to look at but got the basics covered. Food, shelter, fire, water. As a trucker I can't carry my guns. But big knives are OK!
Pics or it didn't happen! Also, I would suggest grabbing an NMFSH from the upcoming GANZA. It is one of those Busses that you will not want to miss out on and would be a great first piece of INFI for you. Mount that sucker on the inside of your truck and you are ready to go.
lol when i saw the bag, thought you took mine!!

knifes002.jpg

knifes001y.jpg

ready for whatever!!

Love it!!! Mine is unorganized again, because I have been trying to get more supplies in there and figuring out ways to pack it better. What pack is that? I like it a lot!!

Back