Zome Endura idea...

First of all, let me say that I have had a long-standing love affair with the Spyderco Endura in all its various incarnations since about 1994. I own a bunch of them, and still have the very first one I ever bought, a stainless Endura II PE that has been around this big ol' world with me on many adventures.

Now, we can get Enduras in the wonderful Zome patterns, and my favorites are the green and brown camo, but there's one thing that immediately came to mind the very first time I saw them:

Black blades.

Yes. That would catapult these already beautiful knives into the territory of ultimate awesomeness, and basically force me to buy two of each!

I've thought about grabbing one of the Endura 4 black DLC models and swapping scales, but I LOVE the flat grind on the Zome knives so I am left to wait, patiently, until my wish comes true.

Anyone else leaning in this direction?

No, do not care for black DLC.
The newer and past surveys indicate considerably less than 20% of Spyderco fans like the DLC.

FK

No, do not care for black DLC.
The newer and past surveys indicate considerably less than 20% of Spyderco fans like the DLC.

FK

Agree. DLC blades are smudge magnets. If you can keep them super clean and couple them with proper scale colors, e.g., DLC blade + cherry red g10, they can be GREAT lookers.

As for Endura (and Delica), I feel the g10 color of the recent v-toku2 sprint run look the best.

Less that 20 percent? Dang. Looks like I'd better grab as many of the DLC models as I can before they decide to disco them!

I like the DLC coating, though, and while it does dull a bit after prolonged use, it's turned out to be a very durable coating that stays put. I like the "lived in" look that it takes on after a while, but I can see where others might not.

Back