Zscherny sway back

Just picked up this Zscherny 3 3/4" sway back with green jigged bone and 154CM blade. My first Zscherny and I'm so very happy with it, already have another incoming.;) Fit and finish is just amazing, seamless fitting at the spring and liners, perfect symmetrical swedges and real sharp too. Walks and talks with a solid snap. My pics don't do this knife justice. I'm stoked! And broke too:p Here's some not so good pics.......

Attachments

• P6240954.jpg
    P6240954.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 104
  • P6240965.jpg
    P6240965.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 103
  • P6240943.jpg
    P6240943.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 110
  • Grn SBJ2.jpg
    Grn SBJ2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 99
  • P6240948.jpg
    P6240948.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 94
Very nice. I like the choice of shield - I am probably the only one on this forum who doesn't care for the ever-present bollock shield.

Very nice. I like the choice of shield - I am probably the only one on this forum who doesn't care for the ever-present bollock shield.

No, I'm with you on that one:thumbup:

Handsome and enviable knife, excellent spine shot which really displays the quality.

That's a beautiful piece. The site I think you got it from has a few very nice pieces from Zscherny. What else ya got coming? ;)

Hate the nutsak shield also. Why would I want balls on my custom knife?

Sensational swayback by the way. Top shelf goodness right there.

Congrats...The "swayback" was also my first knife by Mike Z. :thumbup:

Very nice knife with very nice handles. The Wharncliffe blade seems to be very popular.

Great choice. Mike makes a great knife and is one of the good guys to boot. Hard to beat that type of combination as far as I am concerned.

That's a sweet knife. I'm especially fond of the bone, it's gorgeous.

Great lookin', and a good choice of size as well. The standard 3-1/4" one is cute, but a little small for my taste. Congrats.

That's a beautiful piece. The site I think you got it from has a few very nice pieces from Zscherny. What else ya got coming? ;)

I couldn't resist but picked up another of Mike's knife which is a shadow. I'll post pics when I get it.

Thank you all for the nice words and thank you Mike for making such awesome knives. I don't really believe in having safe queens but am having a hard time dropping this one in the pocket. Maybe I shouldn't be such a wimp and just use it.;)

I couldn't resist but picked up another of Mike's knife which is a shadow. I'll post pics when I get it.

Thank you all for the nice words and thank you Mike for making such awesome knives. I don't really believe in having safe queens but am having a hard time dropping this one in the pocket. Maybe I shouldn't be such a wimp and just use it.;)

Go ahead and enjoy it.

I got a beautiful 4" stag wharncliffe trapper of Mike's last year while at Blade. First thing I did when I got it home was make it mine by sharpening up the edges. No regrets at all, despite the knife being a centerfold in Knife World (to my pleasant surprise).

If you think you'll enjoy carrying and using it, you won't hurt it none by doing so. (It can always be fluffed and buffed if need be. ;))

Keep in mind, Mike is the type who will do the "old fluff and buff" should you decide to use it.

Now in all honesty, I do have a few that are safe queens this one in particular:
BaileyWh3.jpg

Even with it's fancy handle and carved bolsters the blades are forged 52100. It is a shame to not use a well made knife.

On the other hand, one of the knives in my carry rotation is a back-pocket in stag by Mike. It is nothing short of a pleasure to use.

I don't mind the bollocks shield, I just wonder about its sudden surge in popularity...

That's a gorgeous swayback! Nice score!

Back