• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ZT 560 Elmax warranty

I had sent my ZT 560 to warranty because the terrible edge retention. I just got it back yesterday. This is 100 percent awesome steel. I'm not sure why my first blade was so bad. But this is crazy improvement. I begged them to not give me Elmax but after discussing i agreed to try again. Glad i did.
I can see why there is alot of discussion on this. As my 2 blades were like 2 totally different steels. I am extremly happy about this. I just wanted people to know.
So if your Elmax is very disappointing i think you should let the warranty look at it.
I will call the warranty tommorow and tell them how happy I am about this.

Glad to see someone addressing a potential issue the right way instead of just starting pointless threads and making youtube videos. If there was indeed an issue with the steel, I think it will be the first one to actually get back to KAI since people would rather complain than let the company look at it and address any issues.

Kudos to you.

Glad to see someone addressing a potential issue the right way instead of just starting pointless threads and making youtube videos. If there was indeed an issue with the steel, I think it will be the first one to actually get back to KAI since people would rather complain than let the company look at it and address any issues.

Kudos to you.

Amen.

@ Carnage1

Thank you for doing things the right way.

Awesome news. I love the elmax on my 801, I haven't had any issues with it at all.

Carnage1, thanks for posting this. It shows once again what you get for believing in a Youtube video...nothing.

"If its on the internet, it must be right" :rolleyes:

I dont think the flawed ELMAX is as rampant as people think but its cool that KAI covers that under warranty.

So there was a problem with the steel just like others said. Glad you got it fixed.

There are one-off problems with any product from any maker, that's just the nature of mass production. What matters is whether the manufacturer is willing to fix it and KAI came through well for this guy (and anyone else I've ever heard of). The folks complaining about Elmax as a steel are also unwilling to send their knives in to be checked, which is more than a little suspect to me at least. After all, if their issue was a rarity then they'd look quite the fools after ranting and building a fanbase by stirring up controversy.

We are not going to have another Elmax thread. This thread is in Feedback because the topic is a customer service experience. Let's keep it on topic.

Last edited:
KAI always take care of any problems, and Elmax is a great steel.

I love Kai, they will bend over backwards to make sure its customers are happy. Just another great case. Thanks for sharing!

Would have been nice to have a sub forum to discuss such topics of interest and have the manufacturer listen to and receive constructive criticism instead of denying any problems exist and shutting down multiple threads every time a less than positive review was brought up. Too bad.

Back