• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ZT 801 S110V Sprint

I ordered at 3:30 and it already shipped! I just saw some other pictures on another forum and it made me feel better about it, this thing looks incredible.

To most users, there won't be a noticeable difference in steel performance. This is definitely one for the steel snobs.

Haha yeah pretty much :D

I think most people would notice the difference over extended use, but if you kept up the edge on both with stropping and the occasional touch-up, I don't think you would ever need to worry about losing the edge at all.

Over normal use for me S110V can last as much as 1 month before really needing any attention. If you strop it consistantly, you could easily extend that much more. Elmax is similar, but when I use my knives I like to feel them wear and pay attention to how the edge acts over time, so I tend to notice much more than most.

I wouldn't call myself a steel snob, but I think a scholar of steel sounds pretty cool ;)

Too bad it is limited run, secondary market prices will not be pretty

This does have me mildly worried, but really I think for most people it won't be as much of an issue. Mainly because people don't seem as insanely interested in this model as they do other ZT limited runs. Even with the steel upgrade, it seems people aren't nearly as hot for this as they were even just on the 0562cf.

I ordered at 3:30 and it already shipped! I just saw some other pictures on another forum and it made me feel better about it, this thing looks incredible.

Let us know what you think when it gets here man!
This steel nut wants info!
I want pictures too! ;)

I love the minimalist design, I never liked the original 801 handles. Plus S110V, and they're running it 60-62 hardness.

GPKnives posted something today on BF to the effect that they will be taking limited preorders on this knife. I wonder what other retailers will eventually get it.

Why was this sent to feedback?

Because discussing nonsupporting dealers is not allowed, neither is deal spotting for them in General Knife Discussion. These threads have always belonged here in Feedback. It was either that or a lock.

Because discussing nonsupporting dealers is not allowed, neither is deal spotting for them in General Knife Discussion. These threads have always belonged here in Feedback. It was either that or a lock.
Thanks for the clarification :)

I will agree with others. It is way too plain for me. The original handle is much better IMO.

Yeah it is plain, I agree. For me it bridges the gap between the current line and 2015's new offerings like the 0450, 0808 and 0900. In that sense, I like it.

Yeah it is plain, I agree. For me it bridges the gap between the current line and 2015's new offerings like the 0450, 0808 and 0900. In that sense, I like it.

Thats exactley what its doing :) i love the minimalist look. I carried a standard 0801 for quite some time and prefer this look to the original

I can't believe the hesitation. Not only is this steel 3 notches above S-30-V, it also contains 9% Vanadium (a hard carbide former) and 3.5% Niobium (an even harder carbide former). I was quite enamored of S-90-V, but now they are gilding my lily with an even higher spec'd steel (S-110-V). CPM S-125-V is higher spec'd, but nobody is offering it.

I just got mine. It's a no brainier for me. The ZT 801 is my favorite production knife. I already own two but how could I pass one up in this steel?

Back