ZT0205KW project underway

I have been working on this for a couple weeks off and on, do not want to get in a hurry! NO PHOTOS..........yet, hope to get some when completed. So far I have done the following; polished the liner edges, all screw heads, pivot nut and pivot, top blade flat. I also installed screws in all clip placement holes, with polished heads also. I have also sanded down the scales to get the wood grain look of polished G-10, but have not put a really high polish on it at this time. I also have been polishing the blade since this version comes with a bead blast finish. The blade has a satiny finish now as all I have used to do this is polishing compound and done by hand. So far this is all cosmetic and it looks really nice in my opinion. The big thing I have done is to use a dremel tool and do a little blade reshaping. Not the first time I have done this on a knife and it is a slow go to do it right and keep the blade from overheating and ruining the factory ht. I am a fan of the reverse tanto, such as you see on the BM 950 Rift, and the BM 940 series, so that is what I have gone with. I really like the result and am thinking of going whole hog and seeing about having Tom Krein do one of his sharping jobs on this knife. So far that is where I am with it. I will definately try to do some pics if I can get ahold of a camera!

Back