ZT0566 Low Rider?

STR, can you make a clip for this model? Screw placement is different than other ZT models.

I don't know what knife that is and when looking via a search all manner of other models come up from the 350 to the 560 so send me a pic of it clip side if you have one, but likely not something I can do or will do. I don't normally cover any for ZT, Strider, Reeve and others for various reasons usually related to repeat-ability because if I do one clip, particularly on popular folders I have to plan for a lot more. Sometimes people ask me to do a clip and I'll refuse and they can't wait to show off one they had someone else do. I don't think they got the point. Its easy enough for a knife maker to make one clip. Any of us can do that. But when you primarily make clips, well you have to watch what you do. Its usually just not going to pan out for me to do one of something on a popular model if I'm not ready to do many more or invest in it to do that to create a DX file to copy them. The dilema is there is some interest but not enough to warrant the investment as requests are just too infrequnt. Now on the ones that are doable where repeating the clip is not an issue for me I'll do them. I know from earlier they make a low rider that has a spread far enough that I can work with it to remake one but its a low rider already so no one is ordering that. I was kind of shocked at the few orders that did come through for that all of which were turned down as I recall. The clips are not cheap for me to cut a new one designed from scratch out of sheet. It would be a $45 clip. Just FYI and that is if I can or will do it. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks Steve for your reply. I understand your position on the matter. Here is a link that shows the clip side of the ZT0566.

http://s93.photobucket.com/user/jprkns918/media/image.jpg.html

Thanks. Wowza I hate when they have those dang lock cuts right there. I'm sure its meant to clip the pocket hard so you can crawl around in the dirt with it tho so I mean are you sure you want it longer? Its probably not going to have as much tension and it will probably not snag the pocket as bad but its so skinny I hate to make it too long. The normal clip I make is about 2 to 2.5" in length so to bump past that may be putting the clip too far forward into the path of another finger trying to rest there in normal grips.

Here are a couple of quick phone shots for you of one I just completed giving my new 'diamond hone' finish to. Overall this one is utilizing the same length overall for the clip, but its repositioned some for comfort in the hand. This one works quite well and well, yeah you know just better than the other one thats all. ;) I made it longer. At first. I didn't like it and found it annoying in my grip when I had the tongue right on the stabilizer button. As it turned out on this folder, thats just about right where my middle finger wants to strap or right in the area for a lot of grips so I just found the clip tongue there to be the wrong spot. Now on another model? Not sure. I can only fit it to the one I have and to this one it is comfortable, kind to pockets but good tension for sure and it buries the folder! What more could you ask? :thumbup:;)

STR

Attachments

• ZT Kershaw Cryo clip STR.jpg
    ZT Kershaw Cryo clip STR.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 45
  • ZT Kershaw clip lr str.jpg
    ZT Kershaw clip lr str.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 47
Back