Zytel Magnas

Hansen

BANNED
When can I expect to be able to finally see and purchase Zytel Handeled Magnas? I aso wonder why Outdoor Edge came out with aluminum handled Magnas first. Anyone know?

Outdoor Edge should have come out with both versions at the same time.

Happy Trails...

Romans 6:23

To Hansen:

I wish we could have released both at once. In fact I wish we had both in stock over six months ago.

In producing the cold forged aluminum handle scales, this was the first time the cold forging plant had produced a knife handle. Making the aluminum scales is a rather costly and technical process involving cold forging, CNC machining, heat treatment and annodizing so we had to get this process nailed down to begin with. When we got the desired result with the Aluminum Magna we started tooling on the Zytel injection mold which has identical geometry to the aluminum and takes three months to produce. Therefore if we made the aluminum and zytel molds at the same time and had a flaw in the design, we would have to had to retool two molds instead of one.

The Zytel Magnas are now being assembled and we expect delivery in two weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Note our web site will be down briefly while it is being redesigned by Mike Turber.

------------------
Sincerely,
Outdoor Edge Cutlery Corp.

David Bloch

See our Online Catalog at: http://www.outdooredge.com

Back