Zytel Scorpius?

It just occured to me that a zytel Scorpius would be really nice. That curvey handle would be even more grippy if it were zytel and it would also be lighter and cheaper. ELUs, Sal, and Eric, does that sound like a winner to you?

I got some 3M sand paper tape ( the kind used on Microtechs) and put it on the handle of my serrated Scorpius. Works great. Sorry I can't post a pic.

The sound of a G10 or carbon fiber handled Scorpius sounds neat!

The Scorpius is fine just as it is. Large opening hole, screaming sharp, great ergos, Seki craftsmanship, top drawer materials, excellent pricepoint, etc. In fact, aside from the Schempp Persian folder, it is one of the best bargains in the line.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to poo-poo an FRN Scorpius. I'm simply pointing out what an incredible bargain the present model already is. An FRN model could effectively cut the price by 8-12 bucks, but the Delica already fills that position on the price bandwagon.

As a side note, it is fascinating to see the Calypso jr redux doing to well against the already firmly established Delica in that particular pricerange. The way these models perform in the marketplace seems to be a crapshoot.

Personally, I like the idea. I also want a zytel Kiwi for that larger than Ladybug keyring carry.
Matt

I'd settle for zytel, but a G-10 Scorpius would definitely get my money!

Leo

Back