2024 Order Sheet

I've been getting the handles squared away over the past couple of days. Two days at the grinder and these old bones needed a break. This work is super fiddly- there are four hidden pins in each handle and the process to getting them in place is...a process. Anyway, everything more or less fits together- apart from some fine tuning. I think tomorrow all the handles will be fit up for a perfect tang interface, and then I'll get back to the grinder.
GzoKxBw.jpg

I've been getting the handles squared away over the past couple of days. Two days at the grinder and these old bones needed a break. This work is super fiddly- there are four hidden pins in each handle and the process to getting them in place is...a process. Anyway, everything more or less fits together- apart from some fine tuning. I think tomorrow all the handles will be fit up for a perfect tang interface, and then I'll get back to the grinder.
GzoKxBw.jpg
What's the one on the left?

the blue one is a Spud, the rest are Mr. Kotterses

the blue one is a Spud, the rest are Mr. Kotterses
I really 😍❤️😍🥰 what I’m seeing there amongst those Mr. Kotterses. 🤩 Hope you and the the wifey have a very pleasant and romantic evening ! 💘

the flats and spines are mostly finished by hand. I'm going to dial the bevels in and finish them on the machine, and go back one more time to the flats/spines. It's time consuming, hard work, but it's the only way I know to get the results I'm after
Lp58oDl.jpg

all the knives are with Ian, getting my mark laser beamed onto them. This is the only aspect of my process that I don't do. He does great work and I enjoy working with him, but I'm the kind of person who likes to be as self sufficient as possible, so once I get a read on the financial situation for my work for the year and feel good about making some capital investments, the next tool is a laser beam machine.

Zcdgw3s.jpg

got all the pins turned down today for a nice tight tolerance fit, and there's a couple other things to square away with the handles while I'm waiting on the blades

my laser engraver guy dropped the blades off yesterday, and I got the secondary bevels all ground. Now, the blade are all tucked in nice and cozy, with the tangs exposed for tapering
O7FwfVa.jpg

Back