Ask Josh a Question

Great question Kevin! For the regular sharpening it's a straight 220 grit belt plus light strop (unless really damaged then I'll start with 120 first). For the refined edge I offer that's done with a microbevel on the wicked edge at 1k grit directly after the belt. I prefer not stropping as it takes some of the bite out of the edge.
Hey Josh, which model Wicked Edge do you use for the refined edge, microbevel?

Hey Josh, what size driver would your 1st generation shiro tools fit?

Josh, when do you expect the Ember 3.0 with DLCs to be available for sale?
Iā€™m trying to figure out for a Christmas present. A little late (January is fine) but February or later is later than I want and he will have to ā€œsettleā€ for an Ember 3.0 in MC. Talk about first world problemsā€¦.

Josh, when do you expect the Ember 3.0 with DLCs to be available for sale?
Iā€™m trying to figure out for a Christmas present. A little late (January is fine) but February or later is later than I want and he will have to ā€œsettleā€ for an Ember 3.0 in MC. Talk about first world problemsā€¦.
will be probably February before I start finishing those out unfortunately!

Josh, you ever work with 10v or similar steels? I know itā€™s hard on tooling, etc. If so, what do you think about it? Thank you!
I have before yet, but it is a pain to grind... the most recent batch of pm3 reblades I did were in s90v and those were bad enough for me to not go over 120 grit haha

Josh, whatā€™s on the drawing board over the next several months? Might need to start saving now.
Haven't thought that far ahead! Haha. After some current pm3 reblades I'll be getting on the Sparrow preorder batch which should be finished machining. After that probably those ember 3.0 and 3.5 blades. Will probably do a 940 reblade preorder in the next few days too so I'll have work in a couple months.

Haven't thought that far ahead! Haha. After some current pm3 reblades I'll be getting on the Sparrow preorder batch which should be finished machining. After that probably those ember 3.0 and 3.5 blades. Will probably do a 940 reblade preorder in the next few days too so I'll have work in a couple months.
Will the Sparrows be the full customs or the mid-techs?

For the 940 reblade do we send you a 940 or do you have some on hand and thatā€™s added to the reblade price?
The 940 reblades are drop in replacements and I don't need your frame or anything. You would just purchase the reblade and I would send it to you.
Will the Sparrows be the full customs or the mid-techs?
Midtechs although I am having the necessary blanks made for some customs too at the same time

Back