Big ass knives...bowie, survival, combat, bushcraft...just big ass knives!

I found my TOPS Knives Condor Alert knife earlier today!!!! I've used that knife more than any other knife I go to. I did not know where it was for over a year now and thought it was stolen or left somewhere or something!

But today, I was condensing some boxes down in our basement. I found it under a couple of boxes! I must've just sat them on top of it and couldn't remember!

I had a stroke just under a year ago which affected me for awhile! But Praise God, I made a full recovery! Anyway, I am very glad to of found it!

It's my very first TOPS knife! I have about 3 more now. I love TOPS Knives! I have the SXB Skullcrusher and the Anaconda one, 9.5" Hunter's Point blade. I want to get the Armageddon one too...I will get it soon.

My wife is getting me the UC/ Hibben designed MKV knife for my birthday in January. Gil and Linda Hibben are good friends of mine. Getting one with the signed sheath by Gil. I'm pretty excited about this one!

It's not ever going to be used and is more of a keepsake than anything else. I just really like the way it looks.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but they are not made in Australia.

Well I hate to say it but you are Correct!! When I bought my very first Down Under Knives Outback Bowie, they did not have the Q And A then that they do now. And I think at that time, they indicated as being made in Australia. I bought all of mine from World Knives located in Olympia, Washington.

But now, however, I looked them up again, and in their Q And A, they state that 70% of their knives are made in Asia. In other words, China, LOL.

So you are Right. Still don't make them a bad knife though. I've owned 3 of them and have been happy with all 3!

But Great job man!! I Stand Fully Corrected, LOL!

Well I hate to say it but you are Correct!! When I bought my very first Down Under Knives Outback Bowie, they did not have the Q And A then that they do now. And I think at that time, they indicated as being made in Australia. I bought all of mine from World Knives located in Olympia, Washington.

But now, however, I looked them up again, and in their Q And A, they state that 70% of their knives are made in Asia. In other words, China, LOL.

So you are Right. Still don't make them a bad knife though. I've owned 3 of them and have been happy with all 3!

But Great job man!! I Stand Fully Corrected, LOL!

We've discussed them several times here. It makes them a bad knife for the price and materials you get, even if they are what they say. Shady company at best. Company from Finland that has Outback knives made in "Asia". They've also been banned from here for having shills talk up their product if I remember correctly. There are much better values out there in a big knife and way better companies hand your money over to.....

I did post it earlier in the thread but I'll say it again in case you missed it. I mostly use big knives for processing wood for camp fires (notice the big pile of wood under the knives in the picture), delimbing larger branches or trees, light chopping, and some brush clearing. All other knife tasks I find a smaller blade in the 4-5" range works best. I'd like to think I could carry around my big knives every day like Rambo and have a use for them but I find there is little point. With the other edc gear I carry including a modern folder and a pistol a smaller fixed blade is all I need. If pressed into an emergency situation or survival fantasy, between my brain and my 4-5" fixed blade I'd be fine. Now when it comes to recreation and fun, you but those big fix blades are coming along!

Yeah, I missed that...Sorry! I do have an Entrek Ranger knife, an Extrema Ratio Doberman IV, and my newest one...A Kizlyar Survival X hollow handle knife, the D2 steel blade one. These are the smaller ones I have.

I've not used them yet but I sure am wanting to. Maybe next year after the winter months, I'll take the Kizlyar knife on my next trip to the woods and try it out. It's a hollow handle knife too, claim to be made in Kizlyar, Russia.

In reality though, who really knows Where these knives are made. For example, there are loyal Buck Knives fans out there that will swear with their last breath if needed, that All Buck Knives Are Still Completely Made in the USA.

My wife and I stopped at an authorized Buck Knives Dealership store a few months ago. I went to look at the Buck line of knives. The lady said, "Which ones are you interested in...The Buck knives made in the USA or the ones that are now made in China?"

I actually had a hard time swallowing that. So I asked her that aren't all Buck knives still made in the USA? She replied and said "Not anymore...Buck moved their production to China, and their knives are made in China now, aka Asia"!

I even went and looked...Sure enough...Buck Knives logo...China on the blade. Same prices as the ones that were made in USA, some prices even higher!

So again, unless you are right there watching the knife being made, does anyone Really know for sure where the knife/ knives they own...are made?

We've discussed them several times here. It makes them a bad knife for the price and materials you get, even if they are what they say. Shady company at best. Company from Finland that has Outback knives made in "Asia". They've also been banned from here for having shills talk up their product if I remember correctly. There are much better values out there in a big knife and way better companies hand your money over to.....

Yeah, I guess you are right on that! If a company is so shady and deceiving just to sell their knives at higher prices, then it Is hard to trust them and their quality.

A knife company/ knifemaker needs to be honest Always. That is the key to knives I think. Ohh well, live and learn I guess. I already own the knife so I will keep it. Thanks for the heads up.

Their tactics just lost me as a returning customer. This is also why I won't buy Buck Knives. Their knives are made in China too now, as I just recently found out. Yet they place the same prices on those knives as they do the ones that were made in the USA. Sane tactics, different knife company.

So again, unless you are right there watching the knife being made, does anyone Really know for sure where the knife/ knives they own...are made?

Yes. Reputable companies will tell you were it is made. There are actually laws against claiming USA made VS but being foreign. You should not be shocked some of buck's knives are made in China. It is no secret. Most are still made here though. Research is your friend. Assume nothing. Just like those DUK knives. Huge scam company with shills all over.....

Yes. Reputable companies will tell you were it is made. There are actually laws against claiming USA made VS but being foreign. You should not be shocked some of buck's knives are made in China. It is no secret. Most are still made here though. Research is your friend. Assume nothing. Just like those DUK knives. Huge scam company with shills all over.....

You Are Absolutely Correct...Research Is Definitely A Friend. The knifemaker that made my One Piece Rambo style knife...He's not From here...the USA...He has worked for in k ife making for 17 years I think he said...He decided to try using his experience and making knives on his own...at his home. I learned about him through a family member friend. So I contacted him. He made several knives for me to my design and liking and made just what I wanted.

So then we discussed the Rambo style knife. After what I thought was a weak design, we both came up with the One Piece Rambo knife thought. So he said he would give it a shot. He sent me pic after pic, and videos, of the process. Just like when Ray Matton made my First Blood knife.

The end result was the knife I posted a few days ago. He told me today that he wants to try making for customers, and that his knifemaking company will be called OZAIR CUSTOM HANDMADE KNIVES! Every knife he made for me, I had others look them over that know a Helluva lot more than my amateur self knows. They gave their intake on his knives...All is good. And so since he said, now I can say it.

If someone likes his One Piece Rambo knife idea, and even if they want one with a smaller blade, just let me know. I agreed to try and sell some of his knives.

I hope to get me a Falkniven knife one day. I just wish they made one with at least a 9" blade And a double guard.

I heard and read that they are Exceptionally well made knives. But I also heard and read that about Extrema Ratio. But then someone here on BF said they aren't what they are cracked up to be.

I'm also looking at getting myself a Kabar Big Brother and an Essee Junglas knife. I want to eventually also get a certain BUSSE, the one with the big blade and serrations on the spine. The one that I wanted on Ebay was at a $1100 bid I think, and bids were still going strong.

BUSSE must be the Cream Of The Crop. I would also like to get a knife made by RELENTLESS KNIVES!! One day...

I want to eventually also get a certain BUSSE, the one with the big blade and serrations on the spine. The one that I wanted on Ebay was at a $1100 bid I think, and bids were still going strong.
.... sounds like a Battle Saw but an $1100US price should be considered a particularly rough version of sodomy. There are however some CS versions that have teeth/serrations.

You Are Absolutely Correct...Research Is Definitely A Friend. ...

If someone likes his One Piece Rambo knife idea, and even if they want one with a smaller blade, just let me know. I agreed to try and sell some of his knives.

Indeed it is. It might be worth researching the membership level needed to promote/sell ypur collaboration here. :thumbup:

Yeah, I guess you are right on that! If a company is so shady and deceiving just to sell their knives at higher prices, then it Is hard to trust them and their quality.

A knife company/ knifemaker needs to be honest Always. That is the key to knives I think. Ohh well, live and learn I guess. I already own the knife so I will keep it. Thanks for the heads up.

Their tactics just lost me as a returning customer. This is also why I won't buy Buck Knives. Their knives are made in China too now, as I just recently found out. Yet they place the same prices on those knives as they do the ones that were made in the USA. Sane tactics, different knife company.

Buck makes most of their knives in the USA, though some of their knives are made in China. All of their knives are clearly and consistently marked as to country of origin. You can look on their website or the packaging or the knife itself or ask in the Buck Forum here if you want to know about a particular model. If you still have doubts, you can visit the factory and take a tour.

Indeed it is. It might be worth researching the membership level needed to promote/sell ypur collaboration here. :thumbup:

Absolutely correct.

@ thedemonbeast

No more talk of selling anything at your membership level.

Absolutely correct.

@ thedemonbeast

No more talk of selling anything at your membership level.

I was merely answering several peoples' questions of who made the knife, and did that today since the other day the knifemaker wasn't sure or not.

If I went too far with it, I apologize! This Marci guy has been hounding me and on my ass ever sine he misunderstood something that I said regarding his knife post, even though I clarified that.

There ought to be a rule in here against someone like Marci who don't know when to quit. It is a crying shame there isnt.

I will go ahead and cancel my Paid Membership. Thank you for the memories, BF!

I was merely answering several peoples' questions of who made the knife, and did that today since the other day the knifemaker wasn't sure or not.

If I went too far with it, I apologize! This Marci guy has been hounding me and on my ass ever sine he misunderstood something that I said regarding his knife post, even though I clarified that.

There ought to be a rule in here against someone like Marci who don't know when to quit. It is a crying shame there isnt.

#overreaction

My biggest knives are my kitchen knives. I have several with 8" blades, a gyuto, western chef, and a kiritsuke. Nothing really big like a 270mm gyuto or 300 mm+ sujihiki or yanagiba, though.

I use them occasionally for survival purposes - preparing food to eat. You can't survive without food.

I don't chop wood with them. The steel would chip out. No need to, really, the stove runs on electricity.

You'll most likely get much more reach/exposure with regards to getting your collaborations out there if you have a paid membership here with BF!

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Treeman Knives Combat D-Guard Bowie

Busse Steel Heart ergo I

Gerber BMF

Busse B11

Busse Battle Saw

The only big one I have. Next to a couple 1911s for a size reference

Back